Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Advice Needed: best way to bathe baby?

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 5:22 PM
  • 12 Replies

Trying to wrap my head around bathing ds in the sink - im so scared of the slippery marble counter!

by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Alliah684
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 5:25 PM

With my little one i eather bath with her or i do it in the bath tub

PEEK05
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 5:25 PM

I've never bathed my babies in the sink. We used an infant tub until baby sat up by itself. My daughter went into a duck bath thing but my son went straight into the big boy tub when he sat up alone. I am doing the same with this third baby.

daydreamer86
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 5:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I always did it in the tub in a baby bather or you can lay a towel down in the tub and use another towel for a pillow, fill up a bowl of warm soapy water, wipe down and rinse
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Velasquez
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 5:28 PM
I put dds baby tub in the sink. Until she can sit alone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 5:43 PM
I got a baby tub that looks like a bucket my.dd2 (3 months) loves it she hated the traditional baby tub
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Brandy85412
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 5:47 PM

I prefer to just bring them in the shower with me.

Rebekah8787
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 5:52 PM
I'm the tub on my lap till they were able to sit in a bath ring so much easier
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aidenmommy2011
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 6:03 PM

I found it easiest to bath with ds. I would fill the tub with water get in either with ds or have dh bring me baby and I would wash him and let him relax in the water. He also loved to nurse in the tub so he would have some boobie milk. Then I would get out with him or have dh get him out and I would finish my bath.

myLIFEandJOY
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 6:08 PM

I'd take a bath or shower with my baby boy in my arms or I'd put his baby tub in the tub and take a shower and clean him. Just do whatever makes you feel comfortable and what helps keep your baby feel comfy too.

pipsmommy
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 6:12 PM
My dd took a bath with me until she was old enough to sit up in her bath chair or the sink. I would soak and relax for 10 minutes then DH would bring her in, he also got her out. If I didn't want to take a bath with her I would put extra fluffy towels on the countertop and give her a sponge bath. This worked really well when she was teeny tiny because I could keep her mostly covered with another towel while I cleaned her so she stayed warm. And when she took a bath with me I would have hubby put a towel in the dryer so she stayed nice and warm when he took her out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN