Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Going back to work.

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 11:18 AM
  • 4 Replies
My daughter is just over 12 weeks old and I'm starting a new job on Thursday... I never expected this but I am super sad about being away from her =(... How do I deal with the sadness?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Jmommy823
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 11:19 AM
2 moms liked this
It always sucks going back to work. Bring pictures! Take it one day at a time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aimesnyc
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Don't be afraid to call the daycare (or nanny or whoever is watching her) as many times as you want to check in...and then slowly start to scale it down.  What also helped me (because I have control issues...lol), was making a binder that my DCP still fills out that lists when and how much she ate, naps, and playtime.  That way I know how my son's day goes.  And yes - pictures and videos also helped.  I also managed to work it out so that my hubby drops him off at DC in the morning, and I pick him up at night so that I can get more time with him (switched my work schedule from 9-5 to 8-4).  It is SO hard, but you can get through it!  You are doing what is best your your baby in your situation - not everyone can be a SAHM.  *HUGS*

abra
by Abra on Jun. 26, 2012 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this
ditto what the previous posters said. See if they can text you pictures, too. ((hugs))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DebiOBrien
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 4:06 PM
Thanks everyone! I'm going to be doing overnight shifts at a convience store so she will be sleeping for most of my shift. I'm going to miss our morning nap and snuggle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN