Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Eye Color ?

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 1:28 PM
  • 15 Replies

If your babies eyes are now blue... what color did they start as?    I've heard that dark eye won't lighten, but has anyone ever had that happen?

I have blue eyes and DH has hazel... he carries one blue gene and one brown gene (his mom had blue eyes).    Our first has dark brown eyes, our second's started blue and now are brown around the iris and dark blue around the outside.

We just had our third and her eyes are dark blue... but they look to be lightening a little around the iris?   Is it possible that they will lighten and stay blue?   Has anyone ever had that happen?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 1:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PrOuDaRmYWiF08
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 1:32 PM

My 1st started out dark grey, thrn dark blue and are now light blue like his daddy.

My 2nd is only 8 weeks old and are dark blue but are lightning around the iris, looks like my other sons did. So Im guessing another light blue eyed.

And I have dark brown, I calculated it online when preg with my 1st, and it was only like a 20% chance of getting blue, so it looks like we beat the odds with 2 blue eyed children!

14 month olds now:

My 8 week olds eyes now:

shesliketx
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 1:34 PM
Wyatt's started as a slate/blue color, Jackson's were the same but a bit lighter
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
squeakers2
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 1:39 PM

My DF and BM both have brown eyes. Their son was born with pitch black eyes with a blue ring around the outside. His are now brown.

I have blue eyes and DF has brown eyes. Our daughter's eyes were, no joke, purple when they were born. I would have killed for her eyes to have stayed that color. They are brown now.

emkirkley
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

If your babies eyes are now blue... what color did they start as?    I've heard that dark eye won't lighten, but has anyone ever had that happen?

I have blue eyes and DH has hazel... he carries one blue gene and one brown gene (his mom had blue eyes).    Our first has dark brown eyes, our second's started blue and now are brown around the iris and dark blue around the outside.

We just had our third and her eyes are dark blue... but they look to be lightening a little around the iris?   Is it possible that they will lighten and stay blue?   Has anyone ever had that happen?

all three of mine started with dark grey/blue eyes.  Dh has brown eyes, I have blue, most of my family has blue, his family is pretty evenly split between blue, green and brown...I have two girls with brown and my youngest has blue (and yes, they are lighter than at birth)

6 hours old or so

now (not the greatest shot, I rarely get shots of her full-on face so it's hard to get good eye shots, she's soooo busy)

chelsielove2
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 2:26 PM
My son's we dark blue/slate gray when he was born, they're now light bright blue.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momtowildthings
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 5:59 PM
DD's started out dark grey and turned light blue. DS's were dark grey and and are now hazel (they turn grey, green & brown). I have dark blue eyes and DH has brown eyes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jun. 28, 2012 at 6:09 PM

They started out super blue and now are more of a blue green

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 6:50 PM
Katie's started out blue gray and gradually got bluer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nickie76
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 6:56 PM

NOM,NOM,NOM My dress is YUMMY!

Riley's used 2 be wicked blue now they are green.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 7:07 PM
Blue eyes have less pigment in them than darker eyes, so if your baby's eyes are blue they would have to always be blue. Eyes can become more pigmented, but they can't become less so.

Mine have all started out blue (like most white babies) and now 1 has green, 1 blue, & 1 brown.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN