Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what should i do???

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 7:23 PM
  • 9 Replies
my ds is 9mo and just recently started slapping the spoon out of my hand when i try to feed him. its frustrating :( im thinking about just giving him soft table foods like peas and steamed veggies n fruits. but what about the meats? any advice?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 7:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
abra
by Abra on Jun. 28, 2012 at 7:36 PM
do you think he is doing it on purpose?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SewingMamaLele
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this

fish, chicken, stewed red meat...

The_Doodle
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 7:38 PM

That's what my daughter started doing and as soon as we started letting her feed herself, she was happy. I didn't give her much meat around that age. The meat I did give was usually cooked in the crock pot so it was extremely tender.

melindabelcher
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 7:49 PM
Baby led solids
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Candace8609
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 7:56 PM
i think its either bc hes not hungry at that time, or he wants to play w the spoon/the baby food on the spoon.

Quoting abra:

do you think he is doing it on purpose?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Candace8609
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 7:57 PM
yea i think its time to start letting him feed himself. he does great w those puffs. so he shouldnt have a problem w steamed veggies or soft fruit.

Quoting The_Doodle:

That's what my daughter started doing and as soon as we started letting her feed herself, she was happy. I didn't give her much meat around that age. The meat I did give was usually cooked in the crock pot so it was extremely tender.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Doodle
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 8:09 PM

I know some parents do not like the Gerber graduate meals, but around that age my daughter loved them. I always kept some on hand for nights where we were eating things she couldn't chew well (she teethed late) or something that was too spicy for her. I have some awesome pics of her with the Gerber spaghetti bowls haha.

Quoting Candace8609:

yea i think its time to start letting him feed himself. he does great w those puffs. so he shouldnt have a problem w steamed veggies or soft fruit.

Quoting The_Doodle:

Brandy85412
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this

let him feed him self. Don't worry about meats he can't chew. I grinded up the food we ate for my daughter at that age so she could feed her self.

Candace8609
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 8:30 PM
my oldest son ate those but at around a year old. he liked them too :) thats another thing i was thinking.

Quoting The_Doodle:

I know some parents do not like the Gerber graduate meals, but around that age my daughter loved them. I always kept some on hand for nights where we were eating things she couldn't chew well (she teethed late) or something that was too spicy for her. I have some awesome pics of her with the Gerber spaghetti bowls haha.

Quoting Candace8609:

Quoting The_Doodle:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)