Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

So frustrated

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 12:13 AM
  • 15 Replies
Ariel won't quit screaming. I don't know what to do. She's been crying for almost 2 hours. She's had the hiccups three times.I've given her Zantac,  gas drops, gripe water,  tried feeding her, wrapping her and rocking her. All she does is scream. I'm not used to this. She's formula fed. So it's nothing I ate. And the formula never bothered her before. She's had a bm so she's not constipated. I don't know what to do. Right now she's laying in the be crying because I don't know what to do. I've had 2 other kids I should know what to do!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 12:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babygomez
by April on Jul. 4, 2012 at 12:21 AM

:( Has she burped?

nshearon
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 12:24 AM
Yes. She's burped several times. Then she swallows air from screaming and burps some more. Hopefully she will settle soon.

Quoting babygomez:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 12:27 AM
How old is she? I'm sorry, I hope it gets better soon.

If she's developing a milk allergy it could bed the formula, but I wouldn't start thinking about that unless this is the beginning of something (I hope it's not!)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babygomez
by April on Jul. 4, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Hang in there, mommy! ((hugs))

Quoting nshearon:

Yes. She's burped several times. Then she swallows air from screaming and burps some more. Hopefully she will settle soon.

Quoting babygomez:

larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 12:30 AM
Oh, also how long has she been in zantac? That stuff is kinda a joke for true reflux, so she might need a better medication now. And I'm sorry to tell you that "reflux" is usually a symptom of a baby having an intolerance to something, most often moms oversupply (for breastfed baby) and cow milk protein (formula or breastmilk). So it really could be the formula she's just not tolerating anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
addykarder19
by Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 12:32 AM
Is there something pinching her or anything like that?? I knew someone whos kid was screaming for over an hour while visiting family and they finally took the shoes off of the kid and the kid stopped crying. His toe was being pinched
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 12:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Good point! I've also heard of them getting hair wrapped around their toes!

Quoting addykarder19:

Is there something pinching her or anything like that?? I knew someone whos kid was screaming for over an hour and while at visiting family and they finally took the shoes off of the kid and the kid stopped crying. His toe was being pinched
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
addykarder19
by Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 12:40 AM
My oldest ds was an infant when he got one of my hairs wrapped around the tip of his penis. He wasnt crying (yet) but when I was changing his diaper I noticed he was darker purple around the tip than normal. I called the hospital, they told me to check for a hair or string and I couldnt find one, finally while waiting for a dr at the er I found the hair.
I have long blonde hair
Quoting larissalarie:

Quoting addykarder19:

Is there something pinching her or anything like that?? I knew someone whos kid was screaming for over an hour and while at visiting family and they finally took the shoes off of the kid and the kid stopped crying. His toe was being pinched
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 12:44 AM
Oh no, scary!!

Quoting addykarder19:

My oldest ds was an infant when he got one of my hairs wrapped around the tip of his penis. He wasnt crying (yet) but when I was changing his diaper I noticed he was darker purple around the tip than normal. I called the hospital, they told me to check for a hair or string and I couldnt find one, finally while waiting for a dr at the er I found the hair.

I have long blonde hair
Quoting larissalarie:

Quoting addykarder19:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by Gold Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 1:12 AM
2 moms liked this

Infant massage--start at the feet and rub towards the heart.  They have actually shown that the shushing sound reminds them of the sounds they heard in the womb so it does calm them.  Complete darkness and white noise such as you humming or a fan.  You need to calm down because they feed off of our energies as well, so deep breaths in through your nose and out through your mouth.  Rub her belly counterclockwise, she STILL may be gassy even though she burped already.  teething?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN