Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies
Let me start by saying no bashing please....so my SO does no have a job neither do I we both are full time students him during the day me at night we stay with my family. as far as finances go he gets 250 a month on back child suport so thats how we get diapers and such. Well his grandfather is well off and has told him he will help us with a house tomorrow we have a meeting with them tomorrow about this. My question is would you take a house or not?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 5:00 AM
Replies (31-35):
elephantmamaof2
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 4:40 PM
I'd take it, but you need to get jobs. Why aren't you working? Because you're in school?
yikesitsmindy
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 4:45 PM
I agree with these two. Neither were rude to you they just said no and why not. You are going to do whatever you want, but I would never want to rely on someone else in that way. I have too much of myself rooted in the fact that I have always done for myself.

Quoting sokolowski:

Guess you missed the first sentence no bashing

Quoting larissalarie:

Amen!

I had a baby at 18 and managed to work AND go to college full time (with zero financial help from the government or family). You CAN be self supporting if you actually want to be (and there's TWO of you, you're aren't single)

Quoting Turtledoves:

I would not. I view education as a privilege and would not accept hand outs from others without me and my DH having jobs. In that situation I'd find a way to work, or I'd put one of our educations on hold to make an income for my family.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sokolowski
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2012 at 7:22 PM
Well I was working but lost my job because I missed alot due to my son and my SO lives a hour away trying to pursue baseball that is why his grandfather helps out so much

Quoting elephantmamaof2:

I'd take it, but you need to get jobs. Why aren't you working? Because you're in school?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sokolowski
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2012 at 7:24 PM
Well I was working but lost my job because I missed alot due to my son and my SO lives a hour away trying to pursue baseball that is why his grandfather helps out so much

Quoting larissalarie:

Amen!

I had a baby at 18 and managed to work AND go to college full time (with zero financial help from the government or family). You CAN be self supporting if you actually want to be (and there's TWO of you, you're aren't single)

Quoting Turtledoves:

I would not. I view education as a privilege and would not accept hand outs from others without me and my DH having jobs. In that situation I'd find a way to work, or I'd put one of our educations on hold to make an income for my family.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elephantmamaof2
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 7:26 PM
Well if his grandfathers willing to pay for bills, furniture, food, repairs, and decor then heck yea I would do it, but you have to ask yourself if you're going to be happy completely relying on someone else and not having any money of your own, there may come a time when you're feeling pressured or guilted into things you don't really want because someone else is paying. Good luck mama!

Quoting sokolowski:

Quoting elephantmamaof2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN