Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

early intervention services?

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 2:43 PM
  • 7 Replies
Today we started the process for early intervention services (evaluation to see if physical therapy is needed per our dr.-related to neck muscles).anyone been through the process? Its kind of overwhelming cuz they do all these other evaluations as well in your home.I know its to my LO benefit but I'm new to this whole process.we didn't think we would have to do this since last visit my dr said he was doing much better due to tummy time and neck exercises.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
IrishIz
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Everything can vary from state to state and even county to county.  Overall they should help guide you through it as they evaluate and determine if the child qualifies for services.  If the child qualifies they will set up therapies as needed and continue to evaluate him as time goes on.  Just go with the flow!

iea13
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 3:18 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I'm in NY. Ur right at this point I need to go with the flow.I'm waiting to be scheduled for eval.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jul. 5, 2012 at 5:09 PM

No experience with this, bump!

mommyhonu
by Mary on Jul. 5, 2012 at 7:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't have any experience with any of this either ... but if you have questions don't be afraid to ask the dr/medical staff. I always found it helpful to write down any questions that you may have. Some people tend to draw a blank when sitting with the dr and this way you can have your questions ready. Good Luck Mommy!

lauratupper
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Quoting mommyhonu:

I don't have any experience with any of this either ... but if you have questions don't be afraid to ask the dr/medical staff. I always found it helpful to write down any questions that you may have. Some people tend to draw a blank when sitting with the dr and this way you can have your questions ready. Good Luck Mommy!

goodmama85
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 6, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Quoting la_bella_vita:

angela.bouchard
by Angela on Jul. 6, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)