Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby Teeth, to care or not to care???

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 8:05 AM
  • 172 Replies
1 mom liked this

The picture is my DH named "Sofia" with her usual smile so her teeth is very precious for me.

My baby is 15months old, with a big white teeth 5 above, 4 below. I am confuse if I should take care of it as soon as now or should I let it by itself. My nephew's, who is 19months, teeth is already not in good shape but my sister is not bothered, she says that its okey because it will be replace. I was being troubled that if I take care of it now, her teeth my overlap,..thus If I dont take care of it now her teeth will be yellowish.... dont know what to do..need help.. How do you do it? any technique???

by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 8:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Campfield
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this
There is a great teething toothbrush on cotton babies that we used. I just gave it tohim to chew on till he was a little older and wanted to learn to brush. We didn't actively brush till two but he carried this training one w him everywhere.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
liss05
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2012 at 8:09 AM
5 moms liked this

Taking care of LO's teeth should begin before they even have any.And most dentists reccomend bring LO in around this age.

Mrs.Campfield
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this
I even found the link
http://www.cottonbabies.com/product_info.php?cPath=126&products_id=3285

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LMEMomma05
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 8:10 AM
2 moms liked this
Start now, never to old for good oral care. If you start now she'll have the idea stuck in her head for life to take care of her teeth. And it's not just about the teeth, it's the gums, and tongue, those can't be replaced. I give Logan his toothbrush when I brush my teeth with a little infant toothpaste (no toothpaste with fluoride for babies under two), then when i'm done I go back and.help him brush his tongue, and just kinda go back over his teeth (he's only got 8, 4up & 4 down). Hope that helps
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudMom2634
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 8:23 AM

Thanks for the replies,. I will be checking out your suggestion. I'm not really knowledgeable when it cames to teeth,. but I will check for a toothbrush that she can use. I think she will love to have a toothbrush because when I brush my teeth she was always smiling and watching my every move. She even hold the toothbrush and brushes my teeth..LOL

but how should a baby toothbrush used?? should it also be brushing the teeth fully?? and the toothpaste my 3 years old nephew swallows toothpaste,,..grrr I have so many question,..LOL  How many times or how often should I brush her teeth?

nickigoingon8
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 8:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Gerber sells a kit or you can buy a non flouride toothpaste and a soft bristle toothbrush and brush them three times a day and it does matter even though she is going to lose the teeth, if they get cavities it can spread to the adult teeth so you definitely need to take care of them.

CafeMom Tickers
lismore
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2012 at 8:53 AM
Start taking care of them now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessicaaris
by Jessica on Jul. 9, 2012 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this
It's always better to take care of them. Yes they will fall out but if you don't take care of the baby teeth it will set bad habits for your LO to brush her teeth later and it could cause problems with the roots which would affect the adult teeth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bubbbaNbabygirl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2012 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this
just get baby toothpaste that is fluoride free and brush them twice a day when you do yours :) super cute baby!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
liss05
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2012 at 8:57 AM

My DD likes the Aquafresh baby  Toothbrush & toothpaste the best and I let her brush by herself for a bit then I get in there and brush her teeth at least twice but most of the time more because she likes to brush

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)