Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Getting Induced......what to do......

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 11:02 AM
  • 15 Replies

I'm so frustrated, but thankful my baby is healthy!  I was put on medication and bedrest for preterm labor and now my body shows NO signs of labor!  I'm 39wks and will be induced next Tuesday (7-17) if baby brother doesn't come before then.  Anyway.........with my first child my water broke at home and she was born 5hr later (3wks before her due date too).  That's why I'm so frustrated, plus having contractions ALL day long that do nothing hurts!  

I have our bags packed for a 'normal' birth, but since I'm being induced we will be in the hospital a lil longer than anticipated.  What should I make sure we have?  What did you wish you had?  This is all new to me.......Thanks for your help!!!!

by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abra
by Abra on Jul. 9, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Preterm labor and regular labor are different things so it's not uncommon for that to happen. My babies were born between 38 and 43 weeks. The 43 weeker was induced due to fetal distress. I have pretty zippy labors so I just need the basics (an overnight bag, toiletries, shampoo/conditioner, a list of people to call, chapstick, and a coming home outfit for baby). Good luck!!

MamaSulli2005
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 3:26 PM
Why will you be in there longer? I was induced and babies were born within 5 hours. I say just bring what you already have packed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaSulli2005
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 3:27 PM
Oh make sure you have something to read. I hated not having something when DH was home or asleep and I had no one to talk to and the adrenalin rush wouldn't let me sleep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rHOPEb
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Yea, I have my Kindle and I will be getting some more books.  Plus it has a ton of apps on it.  Hubby has packed him some books and movies.  We go in at 7pm on Tuesday but they will not actually start the petocin until Wednesday morning some time.  And I have NO clue how long it will take.  I'm just so nervous!!!  

Quoting MamaSulli2005:

Oh make sure you have something to read. I hated not having something when DH was home or asleep and I had no one to talk to and the adrenalin rush wouldn't let me sleep.

MamaSulli2005
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 3:35 PM
Oh I see. When I had DD they did the same thing which was really irritating and they don't make it easy to sleep when they check on you every 45 minutes. I wasn't up moving around so I didn't need much other than something to do and someone to talk to :) good luck! I hope all goes well for you!

Quoting rHOPEb:

Yea, I have my Kindle and I will be getting some more books.  Plus it has a ton of apps on it.  Hubby has packed him some books and movies.  We go in at 7pm on Tuesday but they will not actually start the petocin until Wednesday morning some time.  And I have NO clue how long it will take.  I'm just so nervous!!!  

Quoting MamaSulli2005:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Walk, walk, walk and have sex too.  Is there a reason you are going to be induced?

That happened to my SIL btw

abbysmommy429
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I was induced both times and had a quick easy labor for both kids. Don't stress; the hospital will provide you with pretty much everything you need! I took my iPod, kindle, socks, car seat, clothes for me, baby, and DH, and toiletries.

Good luck and congratulations!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JennMcBride
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 4:08 PM
Just normal stuff I've been induced 2 times the first I was holding her within 6 hours. The second (4th) baby it took over 30 hours. I slept alot lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom_of_one_2010
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I was induced at 37 wks they Popped my water at 5 pm and I had him at 9:45 that night
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ProudMommy51006
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Just the normal stuff. I was medically induced at 39 weeks and I went in at 8pm on a Sunday night and they put a 1/2 of a pill in my cervix to rippen it. My contractions got strong. They put in the other half around 2:30am... Started pitocin at 6 am, got my epidural at 9am and my son was born at 10:10 am. I nursed him for an hour and then went to the OR, got my tubes tied and I left the next day around 3pm
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)