Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

10 month old still waking in the night. Normal?

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 3:14 PM
  • 14 Replies

My first never really woke up in the night after she started sleeping through the night. But my 10 month old has done it since she was 4 months old. She slept through the night until 4 months. She will wake about an hour after going to bed and we have to go in and put the pacifier back in and she goes back to sleep. And she may do this a couple more times. But usually never does she wake up after say 4AM. And then she sleeps until 9:00. She goes to bed at 9PM. We tried everything! More food, less food, gas drops, gripe water, teething gel, tylenol. Thinking it may be teething. Or may be this is just normal sleep patterns for a baby?????

by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hplesha
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 3:15 PM
I think it's normal. My first never slept through the night until he was 3.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PTK11
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Normal. Some kids don't sleep through the night until they're toddlers or older. Just go with it!

nkak2005
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 3:41 PM
My 10 month old still wakes at night, and usually eats a drinks a whole bottle, so I figure she must need that bottle since she takes the while thing.

The drs keep telling me I need to stop feeding her a bottle and that she wouldn't be waking up, but its normal for her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cabrandy03
by Brandy on Jul. 10, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Probably just teething or just a phase she's going through.  My 1.5 year old still dosn't sleep through the night most nights.

mommyhonu
by Mary on Jul. 10, 2012 at 4:19 PM

it's sounds very normal to me ... hope that baby starts sleeping thru the night for you and soon.

KMadsen
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 4:23 PM

That is completely normal :)

jeniemarie
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 4:26 PM
spounds normal. my oldest slept through the night starting at about 3 months but my yongest is 2 1/2 and very rarely sleeps through the night. the ped says its normal
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauratupper
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 5:14 PM

completely normal :)

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jul. 10, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Normal

angela.bouchard
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Normal. My sons sleeping habits got worse between 10-18 months when he started regularly sleeping through the night.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN