Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

recommendations for gentle sleep training?

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 5:07 PM
  • 4 Replies

have you tried any gentle sleep training method?  i can let the baby cry a little bit...but not for longer periods of time...

if so, at what age did you start?  is there a book or article that you used?

by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 6:00 PM
I don't really agree with sleep training, generally & traditionally done. However my middle child was a terrible sleeper and I eventually had to do something for sanity's sake.
I would do bedtime routine, but not let him actually fall asleep (not really an issue since fighting sleep for hours was the problem at the time), lay him down say night-night and leave the room. When he talked, etc I ignored it, but when he really started to cry I would go in and calm him down. Once calm, I'd again lay him down & leave the room. Did this over & over until he finally went to sleep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 6:03 PM
Oh and my guy was like 18 months when I did this, but I think you could potentially do this as young as you wanted since you aren't leaving baby alone crying.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luckyme7
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 9:12 PM
Quoting larissalarie:

I don't really agree with sleep training, generally & traditionally done. However my middle child was a terrible sleeper and I eventually had to do something for sanity's sake. I would do bedtime routine, but not let him actually fall asleep (not really an issue since fighting sleep for hours was the problem at the time), lay him down say night-night and leave the room. When he talked, etc I ignored it, but when he really started to cry I would go in and calm him down. Once calm, I'd again lay him down & leave the room. Did this over & over until he finally went to sleep.

I didn't sleep train LO1 and we are struggling with her sleep issues at 3. I don't have the energy to deal with another child the same way. So I am ready to sleep train this one.
abra
by Abra on Jul. 17, 2012 at 1:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Check out the Baby Whisperer method/compassionate cio, that is what has worked well for us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)