Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Clogged tear duct

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:58 AM
  • 11 Replies
Anyone have any tricks on how to clear this up? I've done the breast milk in the eye and the massaging of the corner of the eye but neither are working. She's only 8 weeks old so I know it could eventually clear up on its own, but my son had the same thing in the same eye and it never cleared up on its own and he eventually had to have surgery. I'd like to avoid surgery for my daughter if I can.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momof3204
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 1:03 AM
My 5 month old still has a blocked tear duct also in one eye and I cant seem to unclogg it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babygomez
by April on Jul. 19, 2012 at 3:12 AM

No idea, sorry.

Bump.

casanderson1
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 3:14 AM
1 mom liked this
I just kept massaging and holding a warm washcloth on it a few times a day. It cleared up after 2 months, he's now 5 months and hasn't ha any more goopy eyes. Good luck :)
MamaSulli2005
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 3:19 AM
I've never had a baby with this but I used to get them a lot. A warm wash cloth does wonders!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WONDERMOMMY326
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 3:42 AM

My baby had one and it just went away on its own when he was like two months.

shortyali
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 6:20 AM
With DD I just did a couple of drops of breastmilk everytime I changed her diaper and about 3 days later it was gone. I would just let the breastmilk sit there for a few seconds until she had enough and then wipe it off with a warm washcloth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 6:45 AM
Just keep doing what your doing :)
It may take some time just keep trying
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amandae21
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 8:07 AM

Surgery,yikes! My middle child had it but it went away on its own. 3mo DS still has it and I so wish it would go away. No advice, sorry :-(

nickigoingon8
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 9:14 AM

On top of what you are trying, take a warm wash cloth and massage the eye with that..sometimes the warmth will help unclog it. I have had this with three of my kids and I had it as a baby also. None of my kids needed surgery they all cleared up

CafeMom Tickers
cryssi_renee
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:06 AM

My DD had one until 8 months. They were starting to talk about sending her for surgery and it finally cleared up.  I tried everything but just had to wait it out. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)