Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

good priced breast pump

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 7:21 PM
  • 15 Replies
So as the time is cutting down I'm nervous about getting into bf again...I bf my other 3 kids but that hand pump was not good and I always needed to pump for when I went to work so I had to stop bf...well this time I would love to bf longer then I did with my other kiddos so I need an electric pump!only prob is with us moving into our new place both our kids b days next month and the new baby I don't know were in my budget I can afford a $100 pump :( anyone know of any good place that have resonably priced pumps?my friend was going to give me hers she never used but ended up selling it ugh so back to square 1 lol :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 7:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AubreeGrace17
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 7:33 PM
1 mom liked this

You can't settle for a cheap breast pump. I tried a lot of the cheaper ones; lasinoh, the mipump, and the avent one. Your best bet is to get either a Medela or an Ameda pump. When your baby is born your doctor can write a prescription for a breast pump and your insurance will pay for most of it. I think that MA pays for the entire pump, but that's only what I have heard. You could also buy a used pump off of craigslist. The pump itself is fine, I would suggest buying new tubing and bottles though. When you're in the hospital they give you a kit if you ask. Even if you aren't on WIC I suggest calling up your local office and asking for leads. They give you a breast pump to use. (My friend is on WIC and I remember her telling me about this.) Also, you can rent a breast pump from the hospital for less than $20 a month.

JohnnyCakes
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 7:42 PM
1 mom liked this

What AubreeGrace17 said! 

jakesmom323
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 9:10 PM
I got a gently used Medela Swing pump that is originally $160 new on Craigs List for $80. Make sure it's not a crazy though, meet in a busy neutral place, and be safe doing it;) I ran into Starbucks to make sure it worked too and brought my mom;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaCat1121
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 9:12 PM
I bought the ameda purely yours pump. It's great. Use it 5 days a week. Got it on amazon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AubreeGrace17
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 10:15 PM

I've exclusively pumped for the last five months, and the Medela Pump In Style pump that I have is still going strong.

expectantmom81
by Erin on Jul. 28, 2012 at 11:24 PM
This is what I have and it has lasted for several years and still going and I ws pumping several times a day. Do you have a consignment shop you can check?

Quoting AubreeGrace17:

I've exclusively pumped for the last five months, and the Medela Pump In Style pump that I have is still going strong.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cowgirlsmommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Rent one from the hospital. Cheap pumps are crap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommytobeyippee
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 11:26 AM
I used the medela free style pump and it was WELL worth the price. I exclusively pumped for 6 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IrishIz
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 12:00 PM

I would recommend a Ameda Purely Yours if you are going back to work.  You can purchase just the pump and skip buying their bag to save some money.  Remember...the cost of the pump will still be cheaper than formula!!!

angela.bouchard
by Angela on Jul. 29, 2012 at 3:32 PM

This is what I had and it worked very well for me. I was exclusively pumping for my preemie.

Quoting AubreeGrace17:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)