Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Vaccination saves lives!

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 7:28 PM
  • 109 Replies
9 moms liked this
I realize it's not popular to say so and I cant believe how many moms don't choose to protect their innocent babies and children from avoidable disease. It is also protecting our community to vaccinate. Please research and you will find that vaccines do far more good than harm. A great resource is Paul Offit Deadly Choices. Delaying vaccines has no science based benefit. It is your right to decide but vaccines are a luxury thanks to brilliant scientists and in depth study and research. All the best!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 7:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ceckyl
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 7:30 PM
22 moms liked this
That would be like saying, I can't believe how many families blindly inject their babies with heavy metals and neurotoxins...but I'm not going to argue with someone who has made so many ignorant uninformed speculations in one post.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heathermarie27
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 7:33 PM
2 moms liked this
This. Exactly. Maybe if YOU did some research and sound what they put in vaccines then YOU may think different. How ignorant

Quoting ceckyl:

That would be like saying, I can't believe how many families blindly inject their babies with heavy metals and neurotoxins...but I'm not going to argue with someone who has made so many ignorant uninformed speculations in one post.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bpryce
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 7:34 PM
2 moms liked this
I agree with you completely!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eztwins
by Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 7:35 PM
9 moms liked this
Well when things like polio start making the rounds with a vengence again there will be problems. Whooping cough is just the start. But everyone has to make decisions they are comfortable with and live with the consequences. Don't vaccinate and a potentially life threating illness or vaccinate and risk an allergic reaction. There are risks both ways. We vaccinated on schedule because to us the benefits outwiegh the risks.
eztwins
by Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 7:36 PM
Quoting heathermarie27:

Do you know she didn't research.
robin180
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 7:38 PM
2 moms liked this
Which heavy metals are you referring to? A 6 mos old is exposed to more aluminum in breast milk or formula than vaccines. Ignorance is lack of facts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceckyl
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 7:40 PM
6 moms liked this
Oh, you must not have seen the article where the CDC addmits that the whooping cough vaccine is responsible for the outbreak.

Quoting eztwins:

Well when things like polio start making the rounds with a vengence again there will be problems. Whooping cough is just the start. But everyone has to make decisions they are comfortable with and live with the consequences. Don't vaccinate and a potentially life threating illness or vaccinate and risk an allergic reaction. There are risks both ways. We vaccinated on schedule because to us the benefits outwiegh the risks.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heathermarie27
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 7:42 PM
Also most kids with whooping cough have been vaccinated.

Quoting ceckyl:

Oh, you must not have seen the article where the CDC addmits that the whooping cough vaccine is responsible for the outbreak.

Quoting eztwins:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceckyl
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 7:44 PM
3 moms liked this
First of all, that's not even a little but true, second of all there is a difference between being exposed to something, and injecting it into your blood stream, bypassing every defense your body has.

Quoting robin180:

Which heavy metals are you referring to? A 6 mos old is exposed to more aluminum in breast milk or formula than vaccines. Ignorance is lack of facts.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
robin180
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 7:47 PM
Even if that's the case with whooping cough.. And I don't agree it is, that is one vaccine. There are others that are clearly not causing disease. If measles hits the US as it has in parts of Europe it's the non vaxers who have compromised community immunity.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)