Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vaccination saves lives!

Posted by   + Show Post
I realize it's not popular to say so and I cant believe how many moms don't choose to protect their innocent babies and children from avoidable disease. It is also protecting our community to vaccinate. Please research and you will find that vaccines do far more good than harm. A great resource is Paul Offit Deadly Choices. Delaying vaccines has no science based benefit. It is your right to decide but vaccines are a luxury thanks to brilliant scientists and in depth study and research. All the best!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 7:28 PM
Replies (81-90):
LongBeachLiz
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 9:43 AM
3 moms liked this
Exactly. The FDA and other agencies are not out for our best interest. Look at the food dye or the GMO that is killing our cattle. How about using the corn to make ethanol instead of food. Aspartame is a neurotoxin that has to have an official warning bc it is so deadly to so many and high fructose corn syrup.
The sicker the people are and more in need the more power the government can take... Who is to fight them? We need medicine to help our failing thyroids yet they put GMO soy in EVERYTHING! So much wrong it's impossible to list it all.

Quoting ForeverInLove:

So... is that why the pertusis "outbreak" is actually being spread by vaccinated children? 

I've done my research, thank you. I do not trust the vaccines, nor do I trust the government to protect my children to the best of their ability. If they were truly out to protect, the vaccines wouldn't have so much shit in them, they wouldn't have so many adverse reactions, nearly every 'drug' on the market wouldn't be needed nor would it be legal, we wouldn't have GMO foods, we wouldn't have artificial flavors, sweeteners, or dyes in the foods, and the preservatives would be banned as well. None of that is good for our children, or ourselves, and yet the government says it's fine. Did you know the government actually allows mercury to be in your food? Yep. That stuff where a single drop absorbed into your skin can kill you. It's allowed in your food. 

To add... if the government truly gave a shit, they wouldn't be spending money on nonsense like shrimp running on treadmills, and useless studies that lead to nothing of productivity. Let private people fund hobbies. The government should worry about how to make what we consume healthier and better (truly healthier and better, not fake shit added to food), and how to better budget in order to truly make our nation thrive. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
themissheather
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 10:07 AM
It is a way to make money. Vaccine manufacturers are unable to be sued over adverse reactions due to federal law. The government set up a fund to pay out families instead. Pharmaceutical companies had threatened to discontinue making vaccines because they were becoming unprofitable. I do not believe the interests of the public are taking priority. It has been proven recently that pharmaceutical companies lie about their products, their uses, and their side effects. Why should I trust them or a government that has shielded them from scrutiny?

Quoting robin180:

Nobody called anyone a bad parent. It says people don't protect children from vaccine preventable diseases. There's a difference. If after research a parent feels that the risk of the vaccine is greater than protecting against a specific disease that is a parents choice. It sounds as though many are convinced that vaccines don't work or are a conspiracy or just a way for companies to make money. I believe more money would be made by allowing tb to come back and then making drugs that people would rely on after contracting the illness. Unless you believe in white helicopters but that's another thread.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eztwins
by Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Yes there will always be mutations as I stated in my quoted reply i do believe a mutation is very likely however I have not been supplied with proof that the current vaccine created the mutation.  Bacteria mutate on their own very often due to enviornmental factors and other reasons.  Do you have scientific proof that the vaccines are creating faster mutations? 

As to exposing ourselves to the disease to become more immune that is the whole premise behind a vaccine however in a controlled situation.  I would rather not travel to a polio or measles outbreak in order to gain the exposer.  You are more than welcome to if you so choose. 

As to the survivors in 1918  they were lucky many were not. 

Quoting LongBeachLiz:

There will ALWAYS be mutations. It's the nature of the game. They want to and will survive. We are just egging it on and creating mutations faster and more dire. We will never truly get ahead of them but I would rather deal with what we have now then what we will hav in the future. Plus if we allow ourselves exposure to diseases then our body can build an immunity so when it is exposed to something similar but far worse we can survive it. It is why people who survived the 1918 pandemic were able to survive other outbreaks and not even get sick. Vaccines don't necessarily offer thy immunity bc of how an what is introduced to our bodies.

Quoting eztwins:

A mutation very well may have occured.  And hopefully they find a vaccine to prevent the mutated version.  However prior to the mutation the current vaccine did protect from pertussis hence why we vaccinated.  I have not read proof that the vaccine caused the mutation.  Only that there is a scientist who believes a mutation has occured( he does not state due to previous vaccine)  and is not being taken seriously by WHO and other medical communities.  If you have scientific studies proving this i would welcome the link.  I am not saying he is wrong, actually his claims of a mutation seem extremely likely.  Once again this does not change my opinion that vaccines are extremely important and IN OUR FAMILY the rewards outway the risks when it comes to vaccination. 

LongBeachLiz
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 10:33 AM
The problem with a lot of the vaccines are that they aren't providing correct protection if that makes sense. There are different pathways to immunity. The dead polio vaccine does not give the same protection as the live polio vaccine bc of how it is "processed" in our body. It's hard to explain if I don't know you level of eduction on bacterial pathogenesis. It's not all straight forward every vaccine works the same. It can be quite complicated an many people don't realize that they are just as vulnerable as teenagers and adults as thy were as children b they do not continue with their boosters until the end of their life.

The survivors of 1918 weren lucky. Survival of the fittest. They passed on their genes of survival against that disease that has helped people throughout the century. Luck rarely plays a role in things like this.

People who survived the black plague have passed down their genetic trait and now if there was another black plague they would survive. Also it looks like there is a link between them and aids. Some people can not be infected by HIV bc of a mutated gene that does not allow access to their cells which could be a trait passed down from then too.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/secrets/previous_seasons/case_plague/clues.html

Quoting eztwins:

Yes there will always be mutations as I stated in my quoted reply i do believe a mutation is very likely however I have not been supplied with proof that the current vaccine created the mutation.  Bacteria mutate on their own very often due to enviornmental factors and other reasons.  Do you have scientific proof that the vaccines are creating faster mutations? 

As to exposing ourselves to the disease to become more immune that is the whole premise behind a vaccine however in a controlled situation.  I would rather not travel to a polio or measles outbreak in order to gain the exposer.  You are more than welcome to if you so choose. 

As to the survivors in 1918  they were lucky many were not. 

Quoting LongBeachLiz:

There will ALWAYS be mutations. It's the nature of the game. They want to and will survive. We are just egging it on and creating mutations faster and more dire. We will never truly get ahead of them but I would rather deal with what we have now then what we will hav in the future. Plus if we allow ourselves exposure to diseases then our body can build an immunity so when it is exposed to something similar but far worse we can survive it. It is why people who survived the 1918 pandemic were able to survive other outbreaks and not even get sick. Vaccines don't necessarily offer thy immunity bc of how an what is introduced to our bodies.

Quoting eztwins:

A mutation very well may have occured.  And hopefully they find a vaccine to prevent the mutated version.  However prior to the mutation the current vaccine did protect from pertussis hence why we vaccinated.  I have not read proof that the vaccine caused the mutation.  Only that there is a scientist who believes a mutation has occured( he does not state due to previous vaccine)  and is not being taken seriously by WHO and other medical communities.  If you have scientific studies proving this i would welcome the link.  I am not saying he is wrong, actually his claims of a mutation seem extremely likely.  Once again this does not change my opinion that vaccines are extremely important and IN OUR FAMILY the rewards outway the risks when it comes to vaccination. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Sells
by Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this

No offense but the article says "may be" not "they are". That's like me saying there may be unicorns and leprechauns. 

Quoting ceckyl:

http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/6/5/00-0512_article.htm

Quoting eztwins:

Quoting ceckyl:

Actually I have not seen any article purporting the cdc announcing pertussis vaccines cause whooping cough outbreaks. I just googled to see. I still found nothing. Only pages and pages of articles which the cdc is asking people to vaccinate and get boosters. Could you direct me to your information so I can read what is said. Thanks

Mrs.Sells
by Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this

And this article says that the vaccine may not be as affective as once believed, but it doesn't say the vaccine is causing the recurrence. 

Quoting ceckyl:

http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/why-whooping-cough-vaccine-does-not-work-advertised

Quoting eztwins:

Quoting ceckyl:

Actually I have not seen any article purporting the cdc announcing pertussis vaccines cause whooping cough outbreaks. I just googled to see. I still found nothing. Only pages and pages of articles which the cdc is asking people to vaccinate and get boosters. Could you direct me to your information so I can read what is said. Thanks

Audreesmommy757
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 3:50 PM

i completely agree..

Karasfirst
by Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 3:55 PM
2 moms liked this
I guess I just don't care what other people do with their children, call me crazy but don't we all do what we FEEL is best for our kids? Who cares if the woman next to you does or doesn't vaccinate? As long as you are parenting the best you know how, who am I to say your wrong? Or right for the matter?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Sells
by Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 3:58 PM

The VA only gives out money if the person in the military was diagnosed with a disease/illness while under the government contract or it can be proven that the disease/illness was caused by something they were exposed to while serving. Even people with STD's they got from sleeping around get money from the VA so what is your point?

Quoting cpflum08:

That's funny because it also takes lives! My grandpa was taken by ALS and he was a vet. So you know who pays my grandma a crap load of money every month because the va "thinks" people get ALS from to many vaxs? That's right, the government! You can't trust the government for anything.

robin180
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Here is just one of the many articles detailing how not vaccinating for pertussis increases the epidemic. This is why you should care who vaccinates and does not. If it were a choice that did not affect others then why would anyone care what you do? But since it is a community health problem one should care.

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/Is-lack-of-vaccination-boosting-whooping-cough-3731267.php
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)