Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help me! I don't know what to do!!! (sorry kinda long)

Please can someone help me i am terrified! ok so here is the story

I have a newborn baby girl named Vivian and she is 3 weeks old she will be 4 weeks on sunday. Vivian was born early and was considered a preemie she was kept in the NICU for a week due to respiratory distress and surfactant deficiency they released her to go home on july 15th (which was a sunday) that weds she had her first appointment her discharge weight was 5lbs 15oz  her birth weight was 6lbs 6.2oz.

At her first doctors appointment they weighed her and said she was 6.7lbs he said the next time we see him she should be 71/2 to 8lbs so we go today for her 2nd checkup, they put her on the scale and it says she is back to her birth weight. the doctor is worried he said if she wasnt up to at least 7 1/2lbs next weds she was going to be placed on special medical care which means she goes back into the hospital for god knows how long.

I am terrified i dont want her to go back to the hospital and i dont want her to be sick! What i dont understand is how a baby can eat soo much and not gain weight, she lost weight and she eats non stop! she will eat up to 4-6oz of breastmilk and still be hungry and we will give her some formula and she will normally only eat 3oz and be full so sometimes we will have to top her off with formula. Like right now she just ate 3 oz of formula and is now eating breastmilk (she only drank .5 of an oz)

I dont understand! how is it that my child is eating like crazy and has lost weight! please can someone help me give me some tips or something i dont want her going back!

Oldest to most recent last one was taken today

by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 8:24 PM
Replies (41-41):
Kristen.Reavis
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 5:38 AM

Thank you ladies you have all been so helpful and supportive i greatly appreciate it!!! I am getting a new doctor for her im actually making calls tomorrow to see if i can get her an appointment by this weds.

Love you Guys!

blowing kisses

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)