Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Advice Needed: How long does breastmilk linger My last baby is 3...

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 5:51 PM
  • 18 Replies
How long does breastmilk linger? My last baby is 3 1/2 yrs I was having some discharge from my nipples yesterday and today. Could this mean I'm pregnant again? I've also been having cravings. I figured it was sympathy cravings. Because my brothers wife is having their 1st baby. I had my tubes tied after my last baby. But my hubby keeps telling me God knows the desires of my heart. So maybe I was wrong to get them tied and He is blessing us with another baby. I've heard stories like these things happening. & I go back and forth on having more babies. I have so many confusing thoughts running thru my head and I'm assuming thats why I feel slightly nauseaded thru the day. But if anyone could help answer my ? That would be GREATLY appreciated. (Oh & I don't get my next period for another week or so =@/ kinda wigging out here. Just kinda. lol!)
I forgot to mention I never BF either of my babies. They didn't want it so both were formula fed. I tried to pump and it just didn't work out. I went thru a time of regret with that but they both are healthy and strong and at 9 mos my son was off the charts and my daughter was in the 99th% at 7mos. So I never really worried I was more so upset that it didn't happen and then a little jealous of those who were/are able to. That bond was never shared but thats how it goes sometimes I guess.

*********** UPDATE *********

Ok so I went and had blood drawn for the hcg test and it was neg. Not too thrilled but whatever and the nurse pract. said that it was probly a virus trying to get out of my body. I'm still feeling naseau during the day and I did get my period. But i still feel weird. Not myself. Yesterday and today I've had really bad headaches. So idk what to do with the nurse pract. telling me I'm fine and not pregnant. Although she said she didn't understand the leaking but to let her know if it presist. So I'm like ?????? great so I just sit and wait and wonder whats happening to my body. Wonderful. Plus I gained 5 lbs. and its all in my tummy. I can't suck it in AND none of my pants/shorts fit. I got a muffin top. Gross.

Beth Nicole

patriotic 

by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 5:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cabrandy03
by Brandy on Aug. 7, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Breastmilk can take years to dry up sometimes.

mommy2xp
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 6:17 PM

BM can take a long time to dry up. With your period coming it could just be from the changing hormones that you had some noticeable. 

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Aug. 7, 2012 at 6:37 PM

It can take awhile to dry up. Mine always dried up instantly

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 10:34 PM
It could also be from a hormone inbalance.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mandiii04
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 10:53 PM
8 moms liked this
They didn't WANT it? Really?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CheyJacksMom
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 9:02 AM
Yeup I tried to get them to latch on and neither of them did They weren't interested it seemed. And when I pumped it was like .5oz and it just wasnt enough to even put in a bottle so....

Beth Nicole

patriotic 

othermom
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 11:11 AM

I had milk for the almost 4 years between my middle and youngest kids

Tranla
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:08 PM
3 moms liked this
There's no way they didn't want it. They just needed extra help learning to latch and possibly an aid like a nipple shield. My 1 month old doesn't latch on as easily as my 3 year old did. But that means she needs a little extra help getting hooked up, not that she doesn't want it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jandjsmom59
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:48 PM

It can take awhile to dry up but I personally have never heard of that long for a mom who didn't nurse. I could squeeze out a few drops up to a year later but I nursed for the first year year with all three of my kids. Breast feeding is sulpy and demand and if you didn't really use your milk I would suspect that your milk would be completely gone at this time 3 1/2 years. If I were you I would get that checked out, take a test and if it's negative you should see a doctor to rule out anything else because there are other reasons why you could have discharge from your nipples. And I'm not even going to say anything about your comment that your children didn't want to breastfeed...

abra
by Abra on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:03 PM
It can take several years. I wouldn't worry about it. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN