Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

UPDATE 2! UPDATE! PIOG His fever wont break and its getting higher.

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 8:47 PM
  • 29 Replies
UPDATE 2: He's still sleeping. But his fever is completely gone and he doesn't have any rash or anymore bumps, just the few that I found last night. He nursed throughout the night last night and slept the whole night, other than waking up to nurse. He seems to be all better!

UPDATE:
I got some acetaminophen and gave him a dose. He still has a fever, very irritable, won't nurse even though he acts like he wants to, very tired, is drooling A LOT and has these little tiny red dots starting to appear. Im really worried about him.

Im not sure what's wrong with Markus, but he's had a fever since yesterday. It started out at 100.9 and lingered around that until this afternoon where it was 101.0. Now it's at 102.5! I have given him Ibuprofen last night and early this morning but his fever never went down. I've got a cool rag on him now. I gave him a luke warm bath earlier. He's so miserable and just wanting to stay on my boob. When should I take him to the ER?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 8:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
the.lilangel
by Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 8:49 PM

How old is he?

SuperMom2433
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 8:50 PM
10.5 months

Quoting the.lilangel:

How old is he?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2xp
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 8:52 PM

At that age I don't remember when they told me to take the girls in, the best thing to do would be to call the on call dr and see what they say. Let him nurse whenever he wants to so he doesn't become dehydrated. 

SuperMom2433
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 8:54 PM
Okay. I've been letting him nurse as often and as much as he wants. I just feel so bad. :(

Quoting mommy2xp:

At that age I don't remember when they told me to take the girls in, the best thing to do would be to call the on call dr and see what they say. Let him nurse whenever he wants to so he doesn't become dehydrated. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
the.lilangel
by Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Call an on call doctor or a nurse line. They may want you to bring him in or they may suggest alternating tylenol and Motrin every 3 to 4 hours.

mommy2xp
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Nursing will comfort him as well. It's so hard when they are sick!!

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Okay. I've been letting him nurse as often and as much as he wants. I just feel so bad. :(

Quoting mommy2xp:

Nicholy10
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 8:58 PM

I'd  take him, if it were me. 

winterbaby2926
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 8:58 PM
I was just freaking out like this, but my daughter is 18 months. Ill post the link another momma posted for me, made me feel so much better! Fever guidlines! http://www.askdrsears.com/topics/childhood-illnesses/fever
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aydnsmommy
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 9:02 PM
Unfortunatly they will not be able to do anything at the er for a fever that you cannot do at home and most are happier at home. I would call an afterhours number just to check. When Karliegh ran a fever of 104 in april, they told me she is ok as long as it comes down with meds and she was just 6 months old. If his gets much higher and still does not come down, then I would consider taking him in. How did you take the temp? Under arm? Rectally? Ear?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperMom2433
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 9:08 PM
Underarm. I add a degree like you're supposed to. I just took his temp again and its down to 101.2. I have him in just a diaper and was using that cool rag. He's just comforting nursing mostly. He hasn't had much of an appetite today.

Quoting Aydnsmommy:

Unfortunatly they will not be able to do anything at the er for a fever that you cannot do at home and most are happier at home. I would call an afterhours number just to check. When Karliegh ran a fever of 104 in april, they told me she is ok as long as it comes down with meds and she was just 6 months old. If his gets much higher and still does not come down, then I would consider taking him in. How did you take the temp? Under arm? Rectally? Ear?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN