Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

6 month old sick i need some advice

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 8:44 PM
  • 9 Replies

well my little girl is sick!  she got her two bottom teeth in and a top front coming in, idk if thats whats making her sick though, shes not running a fever, she has a runny nose and is coughing not alot though! she had bronchities in like mid july, and she hasnt been sick since i gave her her meds!  i guess my question is, is teething responisble for this? should i be worried? could this be more than a cold? idk i have infant tynelol the doc gave me a script for but i throw out the package and idk how much to give her(stupid me i know!!) so i didnt give her any. she is acting normal though, shes playing and moving and she even sat up alone for hte first time yesterday. but she is a little more cranky and when i hold her she just cuddles with me! so idk i never had a baby that got  sick so muchsad

by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 8:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Ruthzaad
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 8:46 PM
It sounds like teething to me but if you're not sure call her doctor and ask about it. Better safe than sorry, especially when it comes to little ones.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Earthangel0107
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 8:48 PM
Its probably just the teeth mama poor baby girl :( that has to hurt gl mama
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
roxiekittie
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 8:51 PM

thats what i think to but i get so worried, west nile has had an outbreak here in ny and idk i over think everything with her, i m gonna call the doc jsut to ask him tomorrow anyways! shes just so clingy and tired to so idk !

JTnJT
by Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Teething could be the culprit yes.  But if the cough doesn't go away or get better in a few days I would take her to the pedi just to be sure.  Both my girls were snot factories when they were teething.  Little man has only just starting teething...so far not to bad on the snot front.

lruggio
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 8:55 PM

I would say that this is not from teething. sounds like a cold.. she is not running a fever so thats good...Call the doc about tylenol dosage, it goes by weight. but if she is not running a fever, she may not need it...things to look for is of course coughing and her breathing as she already had bronchitis...some babies who get bronchitis, tend to get it again...did they perscribe her any albuterol or give her a nebulizer?  If so, its time to talk to them about possibly starting that is she starts to cough.  run this by the doctor's office, with a cold. in a few days it could start to be an ear infection.  But no fever is good, so try not to be worried...any concerns call the pediatrician, that is what they are there for

roxiekittie
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 9:01 PM

no they didnt give me anything like a neb or albuteral! she keeps tugging her ear but i think its bc shes teething.  thanks everyone, i will call him tomorrow about the dosage which like you said, i may not even need!

pipsmommy
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 9:11 PM
If her teeth are hurting you won't hurt anything by giving her a little tylenol. Have you ever had tooth pain? It hurts, lol! Call any pharmacy and they can tell you the correct dosage for tylenol. When my little one was 6 months old it was 2.5ml when using the 160mg per 5ml infant tylenol. If you are using the 80mg per .8ml infant tylenol then I gave her .8ml. I hope this helps!

Quoting roxiekittie:

no they didnt give me anything like a neb or albuteral! she keeps tugging her ear but i think its bc shes teething.  thanks everyone, i will call him tomorrow about the dosage which like you said, i may not even need!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
roxiekittie
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 9:13 PM

yeah it does help! thank you and i know all about tooth pain, so i feel horrible for her lol! but thanks for the advice

Quoting pipsmommy:

If her teeth are hurting you won't hurt anything by giving her a little tylenol. Have you ever had tooth pain? It hurts, lol! Call any pharmacy and they can tell you the correct dosage for tylenol. When my little one was 6 months old it was 2.5ml when using the 160mg per 5ml infant tylenol. If you are using the 80mg per .8ml infant tylenol then I gave her .8ml. I hope this helps!

Quoting roxiekittie:

expectantmom81
by Erin on Aug. 22, 2012 at 9:31 PM
Teething can cause cold like symptoms.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)