Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

please help me, i'm in tears!

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 8:25 PM
  • 38 Replies

my little guy (9 months) started getting a rash this morning. We put some maximum strength desitin on it and it was okay. then as the day went on it was a little worse with each diaper change. i switched to quick relief desitin and when i just changed his diaper he is so red it looks like an apple. i want to cry, the next thing that is going to happen is his skin will start cracking and bleeding!!

he is in the bathtub right now and seems to be doing fine. my husband is on the way to the store as we speak to get some other type of butt cream. i already bought sensitive wipes and a different brand of diapers on the way home eariler today.

he has been wearing luvs since he was born and we have always used the same wipes as well. he has had a rash (not as bad) one other time and we used the desitin and it went away the same day. i have no idea what is going on! the only thing else that i can think of is that he started eating cheerio's. that is the only thing that is different.

what is going on? how do i get this rash to go away? my poor baby is in pain.

by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 8:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
spykgurlcom
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 8:27 PM
Teething is a possibility. A rash is a sign of teething along with exessive drool and slight fever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
little.worthen
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 8:29 PM

oh he is teething! i didnt even think of that! thank you. how do i make it go away if creams and stuff arent working?

Quoting spykgurlcom:

Teething is a possibility. A rash is a sign of teething along with exessive drool and slight fever.

JTnJT
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Eucerine!  I don't know why it works so well, but it does...it's the only thing I use on my little bottoms anymore....also a milk and oatmeal bath helps baby feel better.  Also if after a day or two of the Eucerine the red hasn't started to get better....it may be a yeast infection....you'll need the Rx stuff to kill the yeast....but the Eucerine will help change the PH making it harder for the yeast to thrive.   (This is as per my oldest DD pedi) 

Good luck mama, hope little one gets better soon.

swmmra
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 8:32 PM

could be teething, as another reply said. Also, could be heat. Is it hot where you are? If you can let him be diaper free. Also don't use a cream, use corn starch. Just put it in a shaker, and shake it onto butt before covering with diaper. The cream can just hold the burning on the skin. He should bath quckly and in cooler water then normal so the heat doesn't bother the rash or make it worse. If it continues to get worse, you may need to see a dr about it being a yeast infection. 

mrswhite417
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Try extra virgin coconut oil! It works wonders (:
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Aug. 24, 2012 at 8:33 PM
2 moms liked this
Give him some air time. Let him lay on a blanket on something (if you can keep him contained) and let his bottom air out. Also before you put anything on the rash, make sure it is fully dried. Dry with a towel by patting or blow on him to make sure he is dry.
AnneHicks
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 8:34 PM
bump

Pumpkinbean
by Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 8:34 PM
Pour mylanta on his bottom and coat with baby powder. My son used to get it bad. Or mix the mylanta and baby powder into a paste and spread it on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zoiezmom
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 8:36 PM
I always put baking soda in my kids bath whenever they have a rash and it clears it up almost immediatly every time also a&d works really well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spykgurlcom
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 8:37 PM
This.

Quoting JTnJT:

Eucerine!  I don't know why it works so well, but it does...it's the only thing I use on my little bottoms anymore....also a milk and oatmeal bath helps baby feel better.  Also if after a day or two of the Eucerine the red hasn't started to get better....it may be a yeast infection....you'll need the Rx stuff to kill the yeast....but the Eucerine will help change the PH making it harder for the yeast to thrive.   (This is as per my oldest DD pedi) 

Good luck mama, hope little one gets better soon.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN