Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Dying here!!

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 3:39 PM
  • 9 Replies
So DD2 has always been high needs since birth. She only ever wanted to be held so we wore her (that didn't last long since she hated most of the carriers we tried out), and only ever wanted ME. DH tries to hold her and interact with her...changes diapers, plays...she spazzes cause I'm not there so he gets discouraged and gives her back.

Now that she's nearly 6 months, we have all these toys we saved from DD1 and she wants nothing to do with any of them. She'll spend one minute (literally) with the toys and start crying because I went to pee. She doesn't even want to be in her jumperoo.

I'm dying here...I understand high needs babies are just that, but I need ideas because I'm exhausted and need a break but she can't even go 5 minutes without me. If it were up to her, we would sit around quietly doing nothing.

Ideas? Advice?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mommyhonu
by Mary on Aug. 27, 2012 at 4:59 PM

hmmm, that's a hard one. all i can suggest is to keep trying.

anyone else have any ideas?

babygomez
by April on Aug. 27, 2012 at 5:15 PM

I've never gone through this, sorry! :-/

jen6807
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 5:58 PM
I've been going through the same thing and my son is 16 months old. I can't take a bath or shower without him screaming at the door and my husband tries everything. So I just shower when he naps most of the time...and the rest of my time us spent in the same room as him lol I'm sorry I'm not much help, good luck to you I hope things get easier for you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColinsMommy12
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 6:12 PM
1 mom liked this

My son sometimes gets that way and his daddy used to get discouraged and upset and angry and all kinds of things but little by little he just let him fuss for a little while and eventually it got easier. He loves spending time with his daddy and aunt and grandparents. Maybe just try that. Let her cry for a few mintues - tell him to try playing with her to make her laugh or something. That normally ALWAYS works for his daddy. Get him to try feedings, playing at bath time, little things like that. Its hard when you're always with her. We started to slightly run into that problem. Now my son would rather be with his daddy a  lot than me lol.

abra
by Abra on Aug. 27, 2012 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't let my kids get into those kinds of habits. From week 2, they have time being held and then time where they need to entertain themselves. They have all their needs met, I just don't give into their every whim so they end up being more independent. bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
loreleismama
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 8:12 PM
My daughter was always really independent so I don't have any good ideas. Babies are all so different! Hoping you get some good advice :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColinsMommy12
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this
We did the same from about 3 Weeks. For him and because I needed 5 minutes lol. But it helped. He will play for hours by himself. He has his days though.

Quoting abra:

I don't let my kids get into those kinds of habits. From week 2, they have time being held and then time where they need to entertain themselves. They have all their needs met, I just don't give into their every whim so they end up being more independent. bump!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Aug. 27, 2012 at 9:32 PM

I'm sorry I have no advice but here is a bump!

abra
by Abra on Aug. 28, 2012 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this
exactly! being a sane mommy is a good thing for everyone!

Quoting ColinsMommy12:

We did the same from about 3 Weeks. For him and because I needed 5 minutes lol. But it helped. He will play for hours by himself. He has his days though.

Quoting abra:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)