Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

8 Ways to Be A Good Mother Instead Of A Perfect One

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 9:48 AM
  • 2 Replies

http://www.postpartumprogress.com/8-ways-to-be-a-good-mother-instead-of-a-perfect-one?fb_ref=wp

I found this article this morning and thought it was refreshing. It gives me a little strength, and so I thought I'd share it with you. It's about taking all the "shoulds", "shouldn'ts", and "always," (all the absolutes) out of your vocabulary as a necessary part of mothering. If you have time, give it a read. I think you'll like it. I know I did!

by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
MommyO2-6631
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 9:59 AM
I like it. And yea the pressure can get to you if you let it... and most all first time mom's do... and many multiple time mom's do to! I've decided to enjoy motherhood more with this baby. With my first i felt like if i did anything wrong everyone would think i was unfit... and the worry pretty much made me unfit because i was sooooo unhappy... totally not worth it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
susie3g
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 10:34 AM

I'm glad you got something out of it. :) You're right about the pressure and the pressure is on us to be perfect moms even before our babies are born. We have to eat properly, exercise moderately, can never drink, etc. See there? Lol.. I'm still using "have to and never". Old habits die hard. But I think that habit does indeed need to die. Pressure and worry can control our actions to a point that it feels we are not our ownselves anymore. I tell my partner sometimes, "Alana deserves a better mother." And his reply is always, "You are the perfect mother for her." He says that although I may not be the perfect mother, I am the perfect mother for her. Only god knows what he means by that..lol.

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

I like it. And yea the pressure can get to you if you let it... and most all first time mom's do... and many multiple time mom's do to! I've decided to enjoy motherhood more with this baby. With my first i felt like if i did anything wrong everyone would think i was unfit... and the worry pretty much made me unfit because i was sooooo unhappy... totally not worth it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN