Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Going crazy! Help

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 9:40 PM
  • 6 Replies
Ok so..my lo is nearly 7 mo shes been teething for the last month with screams and tears and biting ne thing she can get her lil hands on but she hasnt cut ne teeth yet but now shes come down with sinus and ear infection
So now my baby girl has all these things goin on with her and shes so miserable and isnt sleeping well
And its driving crazy n im sooo frustrated that theres nothing I can do for her but give her the the meds the dr prescribed her
It breaks my heart to think thats she doesnt kno y this is happening to her, y she feels so bad and y shes hurting
I just hope that this time I dont have to the take her to the hopital to to has her nose suctoned I did when she was 4 mo cuzz she she was so badly congested n that nearly killed me to help nurses hold down my baby while cleaned her nose with a hose and listening to her little screams that WAS truly heartbreaking that I was even crying even tho I knew it was best for her she still had no idea y
Thinking of all this makes me crazy and feel bad for her
Ne tips or advice to help her feel better or words of wisdom to help put my mind at ease....greately appreciate it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Larsbug
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2012 at 9:59 PM

you can use saline drops for her nose...have you tried getting a wash cloth wet, putting it in the fridge and then letting her bite on it, I don't even buy teethers because the wash cloths work better.

MAMALOVESBELLA
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 10:46 PM
Yep ive tried she loves the teether but I dont like that they only frozen for like a few min lol ive tried baby orajel naturals once or twice n omg she sceamd like a banshee so she hates that I think its her ear thats bothering her the most
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ker_bear530
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 11:04 PM

For the teething the dissovable tablets work great. They have a pain reliever and a sleeping agent which helps so much.

Gruntlings
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Nosefrida nasal aspirator. Best snot sucker I've ever found. My daughter doesn't even cry. I just smile while I get it up to her nose and then suck the boogers out and she coughs and then smiles back.

Hang out in the bathroom with the shower running on hot. Helps with congestion.

The sleep thing.. Expecting babies to sleep when they're sick is a dead end. http://nurshable.com/2012/07/19/the-wio-wait-it-out-method-of-sleep-training/  Wait it out. It passes.

You don't have to "make it better". Just be there for her. You are what makes it better for her. You are her comfort. Hold her. Talk to her. (Babies understand a LOT even at just 4mos).

Dance with her. Hold her tight and rock with her.

MAMALOVESBELLA
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 11:30 PM
Thanks and the tv has been a big help as well lol she loves nick jr
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
expectantmom81
by Erin on Aug. 30, 2012 at 2:18 PM
My doctor had me freeze formula (you could use your milk if you bf) into pops so that ds still got the nutrition from it but the cold helped him. I hope she feels better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN