Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

tired! help.

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 8:40 AM
  • 9 Replies
Hi everyone.I really need some advice. my dd is 13 months old. we moved into our own apartment a couple of weeks ago but for the past 4 nights or so she gets up atleast 3 times and normally she either sleeps through the night or only wakes up once. all that I do when she wakes up is go in her room, turn on her slumber buddy that plays lullaby music,cover her back up, and give her the sippy cup that has water in it then she goes right back to sleep. I'm so tired because I went from working till 10pm to days so now I have to get up early and I'm exhausted because she's been getting up all night. please help. any advice on why she keeps waking up or how to get her to sleep through the night....thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 8:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
LMEMomma05
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 9:14 AM
My son about that age started doing that too. I wish I had some advice for you. I just grinned and dealt with it. And coffee was my best friend too! He's just now at 18 months going back to sleeping through the night. Good luck to ya Momma!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jhslove
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2012 at 9:17 AM

It sounds like she's developed a sleep association to the slumber buddy and the sippy cup, and can't go back to sleep without them. Does she ever go back to sleep on her own? When she wakes up, have you tried waiting about 15 minutes to see if she can put herself back to sleep?

loreleismama
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2012 at 9:29 AM
2 moms liked this
I just read an article recently that babies start dreaming between 12 and 14 months. The article said dreams could cause a baby to wake up. I thought that was pretty interesting. My 13 month old will also wake up sometimes at night now and a couple months ago she was sleeping through. Hopefully its just a phase.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GracelynJoysMom
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 11:20 AM
During the day she naps without them. I need to give her more time to go back to sleep. since we moved she now has her own room. I thought that she would sleep better in her own room in our new apartment but I guess not.

Quoting jhslove:

It sounds like she's developed a sleep association to the slumber buddy and the sippy cup, and can't go back to sleep without them. Does she ever go back to sleep on her own? When she wakes up, have you tried waiting about 15 minutes to see if she can put herself back to sleep?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Sep. 3, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Bump : )

abra
by Abra on Sep. 3, 2012 at 2:18 PM
Could your DH/SO take turns with you getting up with dd?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GracelynJoysMom
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 8:06 PM
I have a bf but he doesnt live with me and my dd's father isnt in the picture at all since i filed for child support months ago. i just dont know what to do...i feel like she is a newborn all over again. It hasnt got any better....she gets up 3-4 times a night every night.

Quoting abra:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by Abra on Sep. 8, 2012 at 8:16 PM
well, sometimes they just need to learn that you won't get up in the middle of the night. Make sure she has a good meal before bed, a clean diaper and lay her back down. I do this with my son (since he was 9 months old) when he started that routine. I make sure he isn't poopy and has water in his bottle and just put him back in his crib. He usually cries briefly but goes back to sleep and stops waking up during the night within a couple days.

Quoting GracelynJoysMom:

I have a bf but he doesnt live with me and my dd's father isnt in the picture at all since i filed for child support months ago. i just dont know what to do...i feel like she is a newborn all over again. It hasnt got any better....she gets up 3-4 times a night every night.

Quoting abra:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GracelynJoysMom
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 8:28 PM
She goes to bed good normally by 8:30pm at the latest but she has been waking up so much at night. she was only waking up maybe once at night and sometimes sleeping through the night but now she wakes up all night long. I let her cry for a few minutes but I get up because I just moved into a apartment about a month ago and I don't want her waking anyone up.

Quoting abra:

well, sometimes they just need to learn that you won't get up in the middle of the night. Make sure she has a good meal before bed, a clean diaper and lay her back down. I do this with my son (since he was 9 months old) when he started that routine. I make sure he isn't poopy and has water in his bottle and just put him back in his crib. He usually cries briefly but goes back to sleep and stops waking up during the night within a couple days.

Quoting GracelynJoysMom:

Quoting abra:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)