Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CIO method is working

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 11:16 PM
  • 162 Replies
3 moms liked this

i wld just like to let everyone know that even though it pained me and i had millions of thought running through my head i continued the method and its day 5 and she goes to sleep faster like 10 to 15 mins i think maybe shorter and i can see that the method is working and she still wakes up smiling in the morning and loving on her mommy so no regrets...but i can say after like waking up twice in the night i bring her to bed with me than though...any suggestions of what to do about that???

by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 11:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xomrs.chase
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 11:17 PM
11 moms liked this
I honestly can't answer without sounding rude, even though I'm not trying to be.

To each their own I guess
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColinsMommy12
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Ehh I was bad about bringing him to bed with me if he kept waking up. But I realized I slept much better with him in his bed and that eventually he would too - I just had to suck it up and get up more times a night until he got used to sleeping in his bed without me bringing him to mine... That might be what you have to do. Or something you might try I should say.

NorasMom190
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 11:20 PM

bump

NorasMom190
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 11:20 PM

hold old is your daughter?

erica7227
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 11:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, if your going to CIO, then let her CIO. Doing it 1/2 way isn't helping any one. It took 5 days for my DD to get the hang of it. In only went in to rub her back and soother her. Don't pick her up if you really want to do this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirstina
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 11:24 PM

I never let my kids cry it out if they woke up in the middle of the night.

diamondcupcake
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 11:25 PM

she is 5.5 months

Quoting NorasMom190:

hold old is your daughter?

diamondcupcake
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 11:28 PM

so what youre saying is just let her cry back to sleep and come and comfort her???...a friend told me to do that but also is she kept crying nurse her back to sleep.

Quoting erica7227:

Yeah, if your going to CIO, then let her CIO. Doing it 1/2 way isn't helping any one. It took 5 days for my DD to get the hang of it. In only went in to rub her back and soother her. Don't pick her up if you really want to do this.

Autumn19
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 11:28 PM
5 moms liked this
i let my first cio and now he is ver needy and attached to me because of. With my second ive done alot of attachment parenting and she is so much happier and easy going than my first. Some will says all kids are diff yada yada but i think it played a big role in things for us. Ill never do cio again. Gl
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diamondcupcake
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 11:29 PM

so you just nursed your child or brought her to bed with you???

Quoting kirstina:

I never let my kids cry it out if they woke up in the middle of the night.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)