Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

FIL yelled at me--Should I confront him bc hubby won't. R

Posted by   + Show Post
A little background..my FIL is friggin annoying (mil is too but not as bad). One example- FIL came to the hospital the day my dd was born and literally lifted up my food tray cover to see what I was eating bc "while breastfeeding, the baby eats everything you eat". Also when my baby was 3 months old, her sock fell off (it was winter) and they went on and on about "omg her feet are FREEZING". Next day they bought us warmer socks and some cheap ass lil footing thing for the carseat.

So anyways! My DD is ten months old and having pretty bad "stranger anxiety" except it's the worst w my mil & FIL. We give them tips that my parents do, Like sitting w her and having her come to you not just grabbing her. She literally breaks down. Face red, tears down her cheeks, and catching her breath bc she's so upset. I still never really grab her from them, they usually hand her back after a minute. We at their Labor Day party we were all sitting around and my mil said can you try to come see Grandma? And so I said probably not but handed her over. At this point, I decided to get up to pee and as I'm getting up (I was on the floor) my baby started having meltdown bc of Grandma holding her. Well my FIL sees me standing up and yells, yes, yells at me (in front of numerous members of my family and friends) and says "will you let it be! This is why she cries bc she's never going to get used to us if you keep taking her away". I said something like first of all I'm peeing and second of all what you guys are doing is not working obviously. I'm so pissed.

So should I email his mom? Last time I had problems w my FIL (which is all the time) I messaged my mil and she fixed it and said nobody listens to anything he says yadda yadda. My dh is uncomfortable talking to people about stuff Like that. So should I email the mom or am I over reacting? I just really wanna be like did I deserve to get yelled at ESP when it comes to my daughter? I'm her parent not them. Sorry so long! But really wanted some opinions. Thsnks in Advance!
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 9:55 PM
Replies (11-15):
mamabens
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2012 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Well first of all, hubby doens't have  a choice. His parents his problem & he WILL deal with it. Second, it's a moot point to try & say something now. I would wait & when it happens again which I'm sure it will I'd  probably look at my husband & make some snotty remark about how HE needs to deal with HIS parents being rude to HIS wife & tell him you'll be in the car ready to go when he's finished. If he said no or started to walk out with me I'd probably tell him to grow some balls but I'm bitchy & it's no secret. lol

lauratupper
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 8:13 PM

I agree

Quoting Amberleigh81:

Eh, since you didn't handle it right in the moment, I would let it go. Some people are just asses. It's nice that your daughter picks up on that already... smart girl! ;)

bcauseimthemom
by Member on Sep. 22, 2012 at 8:18 PM

I would be a bit peeved at the husband for not handling it.  Too damn bad he doesn't like confrontation; he should be standing up for you and your child.  My solution would be avoiding the in laws until they are able to follow your rules. Your kid... your way..... they don't like it, tough titties....

hope_love_dream
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 10:32 PM

this

Quoting bcauseimthemom:

I would be a bit peeved at the husband for not handling it.  Too damn bad he doesn't like confrontation; he should be standing up for you and your child.  My solution would be avoiding the in laws until they are able to follow your rules. Your kid... your way..... they don't like it, tough titties....

ssenter
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 12:07 AM
This bit if it happens again qoute this at that moment and leave.

Quoting Amberleigh81:

Eh, since you didn't handle it right in the moment, I would let it go. Some people are just asses. It's nice that your daughter picks up on that already... smart girl! ;)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)