Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Things we dislike about baby products?

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 2:52 PM
  • 58 Replies
I am curious, as to what I should avoid in baby products and wanting to see if other mother's are having the same issues as I am. What do you all dislike most about baby products?
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
calvinsmommy18
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 3:46 PM

im not sure which type of baby products you are talking about, like baby soaps? or like stuff like the diaper genie (waste IMO)

Proudparent23
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 4:59 PM

All of the above , from skincare, diapers, clothing, limited options? I am still struggling as a young mother to determine what is good and what is bad?

ceckyl
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 5:02 PM
I hate how advertising sways people into thinking they need all this stuff to put their baby in. Babies need to be held.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TiffanyMarie80
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 5:05 PM
1 mom liked this

This - - there is very little that anyone actually NEEDS to buy in order to take care of a baby.

Quoting ceckyl:

I hate how advertising sways people into thinking they need all this stuff to put their baby in. Babies need to be held.

aimesnyc
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 6:07 PM
2 moms liked this

How expensive it can be.  And how they make you think that you are a terrible parent if you don't get the most expensive product.  It's complete BS.

Nickie76
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 6:09 PM
6 moms liked this
All of the recalls of good products based on a dumb ass parents' neglect!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 6:14 PM
I dont like baby soaps/shampoos made with SLS..Its very irritating to baby's skin AND adult's! Ive been getting Burts Bees because it doesnt contain SLS and doesnt give my son a rash. I do realize all baby's react differently to things. It sucks that that crap is in alot. Burts Bees is expensive!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calvinsmommy18
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 7:26 PM
Well I don't like bumpers. Breathable ones are okay I've heard. Changing table is unnecessary.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
perezamberly
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 7:29 PM
3 moms liked this
I hate disposable diapers. I hate the chemicals they put in them, and when they break open, they cause what's commonly called a "diaper rash" when really its a chemical burn. My little girl has been cloth diapered since birth and she is 3 months old :) I love cloth diapering and I wish the whole world did it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
perezamberly
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN