Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are the signs of PCOS?

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 12:44 PM
  • 19 Replies
Im wondering if I have it. I have dealt with ovarian cysts but none have ruptured that I know of. I get crampy a lot like mild menstrual cramps. I just need more info about this. I've only heard about it here on cm.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dragonmamas
by Ari on Oct. 1, 2012 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Irregular periods
No periods
Cysts
Infertility
Weight gain
Trouble losing weight

SuperMom2433
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 12:55 PM
As soon as I posted this I went to check it out on webmd. I have some, but not all the symptoms. I am 20lbs over my ideal weight. I have irregular periods, acne, anxiety, cysts on my ovaries. What I want to know is how serious this pcos is.

Quoting Dragonmamas:

Irregular periods
No periods
Cysts
Infertility
Weight gain
Trouble losing weight

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dragonmamas
by Ari on Oct. 1, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Honestly, if you did have PCOS I doubt very seriously you would have two children. Something might be wrong hormonally, but I wouldn't jump to PCOS.

I have a friend with PCOS and it's awful for her. She has every possible symptom and they effect her everyday life. She has no children, unforunately.

But I don't know from experience nor am I a doctor :)

Quoting SuperMom2433:

As soon as I posted this I went to check it out on webmd. I have some, but not all the symptoms. I am 20lbs over my ideal weight. I have irregular periods, acne, anxiety, cysts on my ovaries. What I want to know is how serious this pcos is.

Quoting Dragonmamas:

Irregular periods
No periods
Cysts
Infertility
Weight gain
Trouble losing weight

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

SuperMom2433
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, I did notice one symptom was infertility. That I dont have...lol.

Quoting Dragonmamas:

Honestly, if you did have PCOS I doubt very seriously you would have two children. Something might be wrong hormonally, but I wouldn't jump to PCOS.

I have a friend with PCOS and it's awful for her. She has every possible symptom and they effect her everyday life. She has no children, unforunately.

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Quoting Dragonmamas:

Irregular periods
No periods
Cysts
Infertility
Weight gain
Trouble losing weight

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by Abra on Oct. 1, 2012 at 4:47 PM
I agree. A friend of mine has PCOS. It is really difficult for her to get pregnant. It could be something to do with your thyroid, though.

Quoting Dragonmamas:

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Quoting Dragonmamas:

Irregular periods
No periods
Cysts
Infertility
Weight gain
Trouble losing weight

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tnunley
by Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 4:47 PM
Quoting Dragonmamas:

Not true, women with PCOS can get pregnant. I have PCOS and it took me 12 years plus wt. loss surgery to be able to conceive. I now have 2 kids. You should check out the PCOS group here, they are a great help.
SuperMom2433
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 4:50 PM
Hmm...I didn't think about that. I do get cysts and even when Im not on my period, I get cramps. They are really mild but I can feel them.

Quoting abra:

I agree. A friend of mine has PCOS. It is really difficult for her to get pregnant. It could be something to do with your thyroid, though.

Quoting Dragonmamas:

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Quoting Dragonmamas:

Irregular periods
No periods
Cysts
Infertility
Weight gain
Trouble losing weight

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by Abra on Oct. 1, 2012 at 5:17 PM
Do you know if they are cysts or polyps?

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Hmm...I didn't think about that. I do get cysts and even when Im not on my period, I get cramps. They are really mild but I can feel them.

Quoting abra:

Quoting Dragonmamas:

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Quoting Dragonmamas:

Irregular periods
No periods
Cysts
Infertility
Weight gain
Trouble losing weight

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperMom2433
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 5:24 PM
A doc told me they were cysts but there was never an u/s done to check for sure. What are polyps??

Quoting abra:

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Quoting abra:

Quoting Dragonmamas:

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Quoting Dragonmamas:

Irregular periods
No periods
Cysts
Infertility
Weight gain
Trouble losing weight

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by Abra on Oct. 1, 2012 at 6:12 PM
A cyst is a fluid-filled sac. It is not solid. A mass that consists of both fluid and solid components is said to be cystic and solid.

A polyp is an abnormal growth of tissue projecting from a mucous membrane.

Quoting SuperMom2433:

A doc told me they were cysts but there was never an u/s done to check for sure. What are polyps??

Quoting abra:

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Quoting abra:

Quoting Dragonmamas:

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Quoting Dragonmamas:

Irregular periods
No periods
Cysts
Infertility
Weight gain
Trouble losing weight

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)