Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

relentless diaper rash!

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 10:03 PM
  • 28 Replies

my dd has had horrible diaper rash the past couple of weeks. it doesn't seem to bother her when we wipe but its SO red. we have tried several different diaper creams, we change her diaper every half hour/hour and nothing is working. i know every baby is different but i wanted to see what you ladies use to help your LOs with diaper rash. we also think it may be the diapers we are using (walmart brand). but we've used them since she was born and never had this problem. we hate pampers, huggies were ok but not great and luvs leaked like crazy. so here are my questions:

1. what diaper rash cream/medicine do you use?

2. what brand of diapers do you use?

just to give me ideas of what to try next.

by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 10:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CrimsonGrace
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Triple paste is awesome! If nothing is helping, it may be a yeast infection.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sleepymommy87
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 10:10 PM

I am not really any help as my 8 month old has never had diaper rash. :/

We use Target brand diapers and huggies natural care wipes. I do always put a little baby powder in her diaper after every change so maybe that has been helping prevent diaper rash? 

JudesAwsomeMom
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 10:14 PM
A & D is all that will help my ds with a rash. Pampers are the only diapers that will not give him a rash. I noticed I switched brands of diapers and he got a rash, so I went back to pampers, and pampers sensitive whipes. Works for us. I also let him soak his butt in a bath when he has a rash. We usually take showers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ahalpern831
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 10:19 PM
We use pampers baby dry and desitin or butt paste. She's 8 months old and only has had a rash twice. I always put cream on her before bed and if I know I'm going out for a while, ill put cream on her to prevent diaper rash. The rash could be from somthing your dd is eating, is she eating anything new or different? Or are you using anything new or different?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wormspoop
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Pampers were the only diapers my son could use (also used the sensitive wipes). The times I had to use other brands and he got a rash I would use Butt Paste. But honestly if it's been that long take her to her Dr. My son had to get a prescription strength cream once after using luvs.

PennyLane2
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 10:22 PM
Unrefined organic coconut oil. Cloth and store brand disposable diapers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aidenmommy2011
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 10:22 PM
Clean baby's bottom with baby oil and water, baby wipes will burn it.
Try baby powder
LMommy11
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 10:25 PM
We use butt paste and pampers cruisers. If you are a bf momma I have heard that works as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MDWife12
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Make up a batch of organic apple cider vinegar with some distilled water - I believe it is 2 tbs of acv to 1 cup water or something and use a cotton ball and dab it on her butt - it works like a charm that is what I use on my little gy :)

MDWife12
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Coconut oil is AMAZING stuff! :)

Quoting PennyLane2:

Unrefined organic coconut oil. Cloth and store brand disposable diapers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN