Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

relentless diaper rash!

Posted by   + Show Post

my dd has had horrible diaper rash the past couple of weeks. it doesn't seem to bother her when we wipe but its SO red. we have tried several different diaper creams, we change her diaper every half hour/hour and nothing is working. i know every baby is different but i wanted to see what you ladies use to help your LOs with diaper rash. we also think it may be the diapers we are using (walmart brand). but we've used them since she was born and never had this problem. we hate pampers, huggies were ok but not great and luvs leaked like crazy. so here are my questions:

1. what diaper rash cream/medicine do you use?

2. what brand of diapers do you use?

just to give me ideas of what to try next.

by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 10:03 PM
Replies (11-20):
Keda84
by Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 10:33 PM
My DS had a diaper rash as soon as stopped using baby wipes it started to clear up. I also used Desitin maximum strength original paste.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by Gold Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 2:57 AM

1) DESITIN--you can also do a sitzy bath with warm water and baking soda.  Also before a nap, put Vaseline down there and it creates a waterproof barrier thus protecting her skin from the urine and prevents a rash.  You can also make a paste using Maalox and cornstarch.  I also just let her go naked for a bit.

2) Target Up brands is good if you dont like the lther major brands.  I hate Luvs too because they always leaked for me too.

**Make sure it isnt in fact a yeast infection.  Over the counter, Lotrimin AF (athletes foot cream) was prescribed by my pediatrician and cleared it up after a few days.

newmommy1257
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 3:16 AM

Switch to something that you know she has no allergy to. I was using the target brand on my dd and she had the same thing until I switched her back to huggies.

AlliJadesmama
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 3:21 AM
Try letting her air out when you change her diaper for 5 minutes my dd had that problem and it went away soon after I would let her dry out every diaper change. Then I'd put baby powder in her diaper. She also had prescribed diaper cream.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FIREFOX1336
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 3:23 AM
Let her go bare butt as much as possible. And use lotramin ultra, it's mainly a foot fungus cream. Ds always had diaper rash and lotramin is the only thing that helped. He had such sensitive skin an all the pediatrician would tell me was to potty train my then 6 mo old. Dd had toddlers diareah and they prescribed like 4 different creams to mix together I used then for two weeks before I tossed them and pulled out the lotramin, the diaper rash was almost gone in two days. After that I took her to a different pedi and wouldn't you know it the toddlers diareah that had no cure an we just had to let it run its course was gone within a week too.
Mommi0509
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 5:18 AM
Could be a yeast infection... My dd had a rash for 2 weeks and I took her to her ped he said it was yeast infection from a persistent rash
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ncohetero
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 5:20 AM
My daughter still gets horrible diaper dashes. She had to be prescribed cream from the dermatologist. Her skin is unbelieveably sensitive. She has to air set after showers. And I use Luvs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyO2-6631
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:21 AM
We use luvs and desitin max strength. If it has been going on fir a couple weeks i would call the doc to see if it was a yeast rash
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
missyjoyce1990
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:26 AM

I am using a&d right now but he is wearing the walmart brand diapers. I prefer pampers cruisers because they have been a godsend with my son. It sound like if it is really red and the cream is not working that you may have to take her to the doctor. It could be a yeast infection though it does not sound like it. do you let her air out any?

cherrywaves21
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:28 AM
I used the fungus foot cream on my son. He's only had it once but that's what cleared it up.

We use pampers cruisers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)