Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

relentless diaper rash!

Posted by   + Show Post

my dd has had horrible diaper rash the past couple of weeks. it doesn't seem to bother her when we wipe but its SO red. we have tried several different diaper creams, we change her diaper every half hour/hour and nothing is working. i know every baby is different but i wanted to see what you ladies use to help your LOs with diaper rash. we also think it may be the diapers we are using (walmart brand). but we've used them since she was born and never had this problem. we hate pampers, huggies were ok but not great and luvs leaked like crazy. so here are my questions:

1. what diaper rash cream/medicine do you use?

2. what brand of diapers do you use?

just to give me ideas of what to try next.

by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 10:03 PM
Replies (21-28):
Owl_Feather
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Oatmeal baths, using crushed up old fashioned oats in a tube sock works wonders for my kids, as does coconut oil! I also do long air dry time. I cloth diaper.

baquick
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:35 AM
It sounds weird... But here are 2 things that work best for us.

1. Breast milk if you are still BFing. (Or a close friend who does)
2. Burnt flour. Take some flour and put it in a dry skillet and let it turn a nice tan color. Smells to high heaven for a bit, but it works. Apply just like baby powder. Give it about a day or so since it sounds stubborn but you should see results in the first couple hours.

When I sposie I use the simply right brand or pampers. Otherwise I use cloth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MilesOfSmiles7
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:36 AM
We use desitin creamy and Pampers diapers. I am partial to pampers because they've never given us any issues as Huggies and Luvs have. Ds has never had serious diaper rash but as soon as I see a little redness I apply a tiny bit of cream and it's gone by the next diaper change. I think the best tip I ever got as far as diapering goes is "if you wipe it wet, wipe it dry". I keep extra soft washcloths in the changing table to dry off his bum after wet wiping him and it seems to work splendidly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Randi02
by Platinum Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:41 AM

BUMP

I have 3 kids (soon to be 4!) and we have never dealt with diaper rash. I cloth diaper, though.

YzmaRocks
by Platinum Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 12:16 PM
Coconut oil works for me! I have only had one child with a diaper rash, one time. But coconut oil worked great! I would also try switching diapers. Have you thought about cloth? I had a kiddo who was allergic to disposables as a baby and could not wear them at all until he was about a year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dom813
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:54 PM

We use Huggies & I've tried several different types but I think the one that worked the best for my little guy was Jasons Organic diaper rash cream & Earth Mama angel baby. I also just saw some reviews on CJ's Butter cream but don't know how it works

almondpigeon
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:57 PM

my youngest had constant diaper rash for the 1st year of her life.  i tried everything.  we used cloth diapers at the time & since one of the big selling points for cloth is that it reduces rash, i never even thought it could be the diapers.  it was.  i switched to disposables and she hasn't had a problem since.  i would try switching diaper brands to see if that makes a diference.  also, have you talked to your pediatrician?  it's possible that she has a yeast infection. 

Marimaru
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Try hydrocortizone cream, and air time.  Letting the skin dry out is good for it, so put baby on a fluffy towel, or a towel with a blankie on it for a while.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN