Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies
I love to cosleep with ds. He starts the night in his bed but once he wakes up I move him to my bed to bf him. I take all the precautions but it still makes me a bit worried so I wake up all the time to check on him. He likes to scoot really close to me and bury his face against my body. No matter what I try he always ends up that way. Any suggestions? (He's 4 months old)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:50 AM
Replies (11-20):
EmilyL7
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 12:11 AM
I'm all for mamas who sleep with kiddos I did it for years ( single mom with her and only did it off and on) with my lil girl but with my son I only did it for a short while. He's 3 months now in his own crib and room. I love having the bed and room to me and my husband.. :-/ does it ever get it the way having all the babies in the bed???

Quoting lizmartinez:

I'm assuming you're bed sharing. Let him be close to you! Cuddle him and snuggle him. I think closeness makes for safer bed sharing. Keep sheets at hip height and pillows to one per person.

If you DON'T want him close like that, move him to a play yard next to the bed or a crib side carred to the bed. Hope you find a solution that works for everyone!

DS has bed shared with us since birth. He's 20 months old. Baby due in March will join us in bed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Snapdragon88
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 12:18 AM
We aren't co-sleepers... I bought a rock n play sleeper that fits right next to my bed. I want him close... just not in the bed, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizmartinez
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 12:21 AM
We only have one right now. He's 20 months. I'm pregnant with second.
If you're referring to sex, nope, it causes no problem. We have other places to do it! Lol! Hubby works late anyway so DS' nap time tends to be "cuddle time" in another room with DH! Lol

Quoting EmilyL7:

I'm all for mamas who sleep with kiddos I did it for years ( single mom with her and only did it off and on) with my lil girl but with my son I only did it for a short while. He's 3 months now in his own crib and room. I love having the bed and room to me and my husband.. :-/ does it ever get it the way having all the babies in the bed???

Quoting lizmartinez:

I'm assuming you're bed sharing. Let him be close to you! Cuddle him and snuggle him. I think closeness makes for safer bed sharing. Keep sheets at hip height and pillows to one per person.

If you DON'T want him close like that, move him to a play yard next to the bed or a crib side carred to the bed. Hope you find a solution that works for everyone!

DS has bed shared with us since birth. He's 20 months old. Baby due in March will join us in bed.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calvinsmommy18
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 12:22 AM
There's no room in our bed for our kids. Dh and I pretty much take up most of the bed. Both the kids sleep in their own beds. Although one time I found ds bearly on the bed with us. He must have gotten scared and crawled into bed with us. But like I said there's not a lot of room so he was almost about to fall off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlekD
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 12:23 AM
I'm sure hes fine. As long as he has enough head control to move his face to the side.

My baby coslept for about 5 months but our old mattress was so squeaky and he is such a light sleeper that he would wake up if I or dh moved. He sleeps in his own room now but still wakes up at 5 in the morning to nurse and I take him back to our bed then so I can go back to sleep while he nurses, lol. I love our mornings together in bed. Hes so snuggly and happy in the morning.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmilyL7
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 12:29 AM
Ah, yea my girl is 8 and hubby works 6-5 ish give or take so bed/night time is 'our' time. We love sex at night. Lol then it's a sprawl out till the kids wake! Haha

Quoting lizmartinez:

If you're referring to sex, nope, it causes no problem. We have other places to do it! Lol! Hubby works late anyway so DS' nap time tends to be "cuddle time" in another room with DH! Lol

Quoting EmilyL7:

Quoting lizmartinez:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizmartinez
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 12:32 AM
Jealous of that schedule!!!
My DH has school 8am-1pm most days and work from 4pm-1am 5-6 days a week. That in between window is it!!

Quoting EmilyL7:

Ah, yea my girl is 8 and hubby works 6-5 ish give or take so bed/night time is 'our' time. We love sex at night. Lol then it's a sprawl out till the kids wake! Haha

Quoting lizmartinez:

Quoting EmilyL7:

Quoting lizmartinez:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmilyL7
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 12:39 AM
Nice! Ya marine corps is good to us! Lol he has a light load because he's a 'wounded warrior' so he's never that busy. Once he's medically retired tho I'm sure he'll be trying to work his booty off. He missed having a 'job'. :-) congrats on the baby tho! :-) how far along? Girl or boy?

Quoting lizmartinez:

Jealous of that schedule!!!

My DH has school 8am-1pm most days and work from 4pm-1am 5-6 days a week. That in between window is it!!

Quoting EmilyL7:

Quoting lizmartinez:

Quoting EmilyL7:

Quoting lizmartinez:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilou
by Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 12:49 AM
I bed share part time with my now 13 month old ds and if he's too close to me or my pillow I put my hand right next to his face therefore creating a little space for him to breath more "freely".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Oct. 3, 2012 at 12:50 AM
The only time I ever did the bed sharing thing was with my oldest dd, from 10mo to 3.5yrs. (Not by choice, either...We only had the one bedroom and no room for a second bed.) Getting her into her own bed at that point was a traumatic experience for both of us, and I swore I would never do it again. Four kids later, I have kept that promise to myself. Even BFing: I got a comfy chair for the nursery and never brought them into bed with me.

So I'm sorry, I have no advice. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN