Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I love to cosleep with ds. He starts the night in his bed but once he wakes up I move him to my bed to bf him. I take all the precautions but it still makes me a bit worried so I wake up all the time to check on him. He likes to scoot really close to me and bury his face against my body. No matter what I try he always ends up that way. Any suggestions? (He's 4 months old)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:50 AM
Replies (21-25):
lizmartinez
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 3:35 AM
That's great! (Well not great that he's wounded, but that his job works well!)
Thanks!! I'm 15w4d. Don't know gender yet. Hoping girl but I'll be thrilled with a boy too!!

Quoting EmilyL7:

Nice! Ya marine corps is good to us! Lol he has a light load because he's a 'wounded warrior' so he's never that busy. Once he's medically retired tho I'm sure he'll be trying to work his booty off. He missed having a 'job'. :-) congrats on the baby tho! :-) how far along? Girl or boy?

Quoting lizmartinez:

Jealous of that schedule!!!

My DH has school 8am-1pm most days and work from 4pm-1am 5-6 days a week. That in between window is it!!

Quoting EmilyL7:

Ah, yea my girl is 8 and hubby works 6-5 ish give or take so bed/night time is 'our' time. We love sex at night. Lol then it's a sprawl out till the kids wake! Haha

Quoting lizmartinez:

We only have one right now. He's 20 months. I'm pregnant with second.

If you're referring to sex, nope, it causes no problem. We have other places to do it! Lol! Hubby works late anyway so DS' nap time tends to be "cuddle time" in another room with DH! Lol

Quoting EmilyL7:

I'm all for mamas who sleep with kiddos I did it for years ( single mom with her and only did it off and on) with my lil girl but with my son I only did it for a short while. He's 3 months now in his own crib and room. I love having the bed and room to me and my husband.. :-/ does it ever get it the way having all the babies in the bed???

Quoting lizmartinez:

I'm assuming you're bed sharing. Let him be close to you! Cuddle him and snuggle him. I think closeness makes for safer bed sharing. Keep sheets at hip height and pillows to one per person.

If you DON'T want him close like that, move him to a play yard next to the bed or a crib side carred to the bed. Hope you find a solution that works for everyone!

DS has bed shared with us since birth. He's 20 months old. Baby due in March will join us in bed.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Devious333
by Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 3:37 AM
With ds he slept in his own bed since birth. He has no sleeping issues. Dd on the other hand probably will. I'm not fond of co-sleeping but when she wakes up in the middle of the night and wants to nurse it's hard to stay awake to put her in her own bed lol.

Quoting abra:

same here. I coslept with one of my babies...worst decision I ever made. It created so many sleep issues later in life.

Quoting babygomez:

Sorry, don't have any. My kids sleep in their own beds.

Bump!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Blue_Spiral
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 4:09 AM

I have always just been very aware of my son and how he was sleeping.

When he was a newborn I would wake up while staying asleep at the same time, to check on him. How does that work? I don't have a friggin clue, but I did it.

I think it's absolutely STUPID that we have to make all these excuses like, "we're doing it safely, don't freak out." I mean, it's good to do it safely, but seriously. Cribs are so much more dangerous it's amazing to me how backwards our society is. 

It's called CRIB DEATH for a reason. Babies are meant to sleep with their parents.

Blue_Spiral
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:19 AM

It is completely natural and normal for a human of any age, especially children and babies, to want someone near them while they sleep.

To train them out of this instinct is a harmful, bizarre modern day concept.

The fact that my son sleeps better when I am next to him is a good thing, in my opinion, not a bad one. I will never consider it an "issue" that he is happier sleeping next to another person than sleeping alone. 

Quoting abra:

same here. I coslept with one of my babies...worst decision I ever made. It created so many sleep issues later in life.

Quoting babygomez:

Sorry, don't have any. My kids sleep in their own beds.

Bump!

anitabananita
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:39 PM

I couldnĀ“t sleep either, waking up worried... we moved our son to a pack n play next to our bed and everyone is happier. Eventually we had to add the MamaDoo Kids mattress topper for much needed extra comfort and support. If we go to visit family or friends we take both the pack n play and the topper with us as they are noth so portable. Great investment! Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)