Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it more exciting to find out the gender at the ultrasound or be surprised at birth?

Posted by   + Show Post
Have you done it both ways? What was more exiting?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 7:31 PM
Replies (21-30):
Happy_Mcboobs
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I think I'd like to try waiting, but my husband is definitly not a fan of that idea either. 

I've always found out at the 20 week ultrasound but next time, I think I want to have a gender reveal party. I like the idea of finding out in a fun sort of way instead of being in a sterile ultrasound room! I wish I had known to do that with my previous pregnancies!! I am creative, so I don't know why I didn't think of that myself! HA! 

I don't think I could wait though. 

With #4, she was breech until 36weeks & the ultrasound tech gave us this "pretty sure it's a girl" kind of thing--so it was interesting to kind of not know. My husband was sure. But everyone who saw me was like "its a boy"--so I just waited until she arrived to be sure! :) That is probably as close as I'll get to waiting until birth. I like to buy girly things or boy things & have a name picked out! 

Quoting tamidawn:

I would like to wait until birth because I think it would be soooo awesome! But dh says no! :/

1CrazyCajun
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 12:23 PM

I wanted to know asap so Icould prepare as much as possible.

Mainstream Moms Attached Parenting not quite your style. Are you more laid back?Come join other like minded moms. No pi*sing matches here.

DeeDee205
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 12:27 PM

We found out at U/S with both of ours because my husband wanted to know.  I wanted to wait till birth.  We compromised... found out sex at U/S, but did not tell anyone name choices till after baby was born.  That was fun in itself. It drove everyone NUTS.

khoberg
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 12:35 PM

I've only had one, but I'm glad we found out at the ultrasound. It was a boy and we had not even picked out a boy name we were so sure it was a girl!

kirstina
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 1:07 PM

I have the need to know. lol I think I might try to wait for the suprise next time we shall see.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Oct. 3, 2012 at 4:52 PM

I prefer to find out before hand

staciexo
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 4:57 PM
I found out with my first but not with my second. We have a lot of gender neutral stuff anyway and figured that if we had a girl that would be a good reason to get out after the birth and go shopping.I had another boy though so I didn't have to buy anything. With the next baby we will be on team green yet again! I loved the surprise!
kissmiss213
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:05 AM

i found out with my first two, and then kept my third as a surprise. however, i had one of each, so i had boy and girl stuff stowed away to supplement all the gender neutral stuff. i LOVED not knowing. and we kept the name choices a surprise too, so family was doubly surprised. if i were to have another i would so do it again.

doulala
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:06 AM

I have never had a choice with my babies, lol!   (no ultrasounds)

And it was AWESOME!!!
:-D

katzmeow726
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:07 AM

LOL I guess I figured it is a surprise, no matter when you find out...at least if you do it early, you can tailor stuff to the baby.

So we did the ultrasound  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)