Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it more exciting to find out the gender at the ultrasound or be surprised at birth?

Posted by   + Show Post
Have you done it both ways? What was more exiting?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 7:31 PM
Replies (251-260):
Megzboys
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:13 AM

My second son was a surprise because he chose never to let us see his gender till he was born but I guess he was testing my patience even then.   I always liked knowing a head of time but he decided to take that choice out of my hands.     They are what they are.  I love my three boys no matter what. 

Shukas86
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:48 AM

I found out the sexs of both my babies by an ultrasound. I didn't want to be surprised at birth. Its harder to shop for unisex cloths and what nots. I think you can find out the sex by ultrasound and keep the sex a surprise for others.

Starchild84
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:53 AM
1 mom liked this
It might be more exciting to find out at birth, but I don't have the will power to wait.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
azeventdiva
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I've done it both ways. I have 4 children. The first 2 I waited, and I love the surprise factor. The 3rd, I had promised my husband we would find out, so went along with it. But, was lest enthused about finding out ahead of time (although it did help me as my first 2 were girls, and my 3rd was a boy, so I stocked up on boy clothes).

The 4th, I wanted to find out, so I could plan accordingly (since we thought our 3rd was going to be our last, I had gotten rid of a lot of baby clothes, especially girl ones, and the 4th was a girl. And, having a 4th baby shower didn't sound like a good idea). I was happy with the way we found out with number 4. It lost some of the surprise for me, but the way we did it, made our kids super excited. The ultrasound tech came to our house (was the same tech we used for #3 as well). He set up his computer to conect with our TV in our room. I had the other kids in the room with the younger ones (ages 4 &almost  2 at the time) on the bed. When the tech anounced that there was ANOTHER BABY GIRL!! Our 4yo flipped out. Started bouncing and going Oh My GOSH, a GIRL. Was awesome, and we have the whole thing on a DVD that the tech created for us :)

ecoy1031
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:46 AM

For me it was more exciting to wait. I enjoyed my husband face when they came out and then announce it to everybody. I guess I'm just old fashion. But loved every minute of it.

tiredandtrue
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:30 AM
Well my youngest is 21 and back then you couldn't be very sure from an ultrasound and those were only done towards the very end unless there was a problem. It would have been nice to know ahead just so I could have decorated the room and taken advantage of sales ahead of birth
TalulaBelleLove
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:28 AM

For our 1st baby we had just our moms with us and we had it recorded. My Mom, MIL and I wanted a girl and when then sonographer says "its a girl"  it is the theee loudest high pitched shriek of joy ever heard! With baby number 2 we threw a gender party. We asked all of our close family to come over to our house and dress up in either pink or blue. We went for an ultrasound earlier that day we had the results sealed away and revealed them at the party. Needless to say I was very wrong in my blue shirt when DH announced it was "A GIRL!" Then with baby number three we just took our 2 older daughters with us and had had the sonographer tell the girls and they told DH and me! Then we let the girls make the calls to our family that it was "A BOY!" for 2 weeks anyway and during an emergency visit this sonographer said "Aww your little GIRL is doing just fine!" So that was a whole new round of phone calls. :)

ysmeine
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:44 AM

The first two were surprises, not by choice. There is so much unknown with a birth that waiting for the gender does not make it more exciting. There is the hair, their eyes and their tiny fingers to marvel over. The last one, I found out during the ultra sound. While I will admit I was hoping for another girl (yes, I cried) I did appreciate the practicality of knowing. When he was born it was still exciting to see him. We also called him by his name before he arrived.

Mommyto2boys178
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:57 AM
My first I waited. And my second I found out via ultrasound. I wish I would have waited with both. It's much better to wait for the anticipation for the day of.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hkcason
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:35 AM

i didn't want to know w/ this last 1 but hubby was dying to find out. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)