Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Is it more exciting to find out the gender at the ultrasound or be surprised at birth?

Posted by   + Show Post
Have you done it both ways? What was more exiting?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 7:31 PM
Replies (281-290):
mommyhonu
by Mary on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:49 AM

Undecided!!!

shawn_jax_mom
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:09 PM
With my first there was no denying he was a boy lol when the nurse froze the picture I looked at it and before she had a chance to say anything I was like IT'S A BOY! with my second I was hoping for a girl so I had to know at the ultrasound. We now have 2 gorgeous little boys :) I wanted to wait til they were born but my first made it way too obvious and the anticipation was too much with my second lol
JoyXtwo
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:20 PM
I have had three surprise deliveries. No matter what your hormones are sky high, there is no disappointment. All good news. There are few happy surprises in this world, save the ones you do get.
sandykmac
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:16 PM

I've done it both ways.  They didn't have ultrasound with my first pregnancy, I didn't want to know with my second pregnancy and with the third one I wanted to know ahead of time.  The main reason I wanted to know with my last pregnancy was because my sister's third child was expected 3 months before mine and it helped knowing if we needed to buy anything.  since she had a boy and my third one was a boy, I didn't need to buy a lot of things and I knew which kind of diapers to buy.  They didn't have gender specific diapers when my two oldest boys were born, but that wouldn't have changed my desire to be surprised.  I'm one of thse who likes to wait until Christmas to open my presents because I like the surprise.

ruhappytoseeme
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:56 PM

my first I had no clue other then me saying she was a girl and she was a girl. they never did a sonagram with her, my second same thing, my third I felt it was a boy but we did ask the dr (he had a small one in his office) he asked my 1st daughter what she wanted she said a girl, middle daughter said a car (yea now thats comming out of me lol) asked daddy he said girl and I said boy since right after this baby I had to have a hysterectomy because I had cancer, well he told me it was a girl, I was really sad cause could not have more, then at 8 months went into labor they stopped it and did a sonogram in hospital and asked if I wanted to know and I said I already do its a girl :( she asked me if my dr was dr valentino and I said yes, she said he is ALWAYS wrong and she showed me my baby boy (again inside me I felt like it was a boy and I was right hehe. worked out perfectly for me, ex husband and oldelst daughter not so much and the middle daughter was so mad that I wasnt having a car hahahah

mommytobobby
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:39 AM

i've never found out the sex until birth. it's so much more fun! 

mommy2xp
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:00 PM
I prefer to know at the ultrasound. I still get excited and it gives me time to plan either way
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyrelsmom
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:11 PM
I've done it both ways and I prefer finding out. My DH doesn't, so I find out during the exam before they call him in. And I just don't let him know. He still doesn't know that I found out with the last two, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skmehlebam
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:17 PM
Ive done it both ways. I prefer to find out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Morgan
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:01 PM
We have always found out i'm way to impatient
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN