Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Is it more exciting to find out the gender at the ultrasound or be surprised at birth?

Posted by   + Show Post
Have you done it both ways? What was more exiting?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 7:31 PM
Replies (31-40):
BelindaDuvessa
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Umm, I still prefer to find out before.  It makes it easier to go through names and pick one.  True, I could change my mind the last minute, but it's easier to at least wade through some of them before hand.  Plus, it's cute to see daddy talking to the baby using his/her name.  I'm on #4 now, and the only one we opted out of was #3.  It was exciting to find out, at delivery, that it was a girl.  But at the same time, we knew before hand that it would be.

MamaJAG
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:08 AM
1 mom liked this

I found out with my first 2, but not with my 3rd.  My first 2 were boys.  I thought #3 was a girl.  "She" came out with a penis.  =)  I actually had feelings of guilt from the whole thing for being happy with my beautiful baby boy, but wanting a girl all at the same time.  It wrecked havoc with my post baby hormones.  I was a mess.  It might have been different if I had already had both genders.  I wish I would have been surprised with my 1st instead of my 3rd.  It would have been a whole lot more fun.

babygomez
by April on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:09 AM

With both kids, we found out through ultrasound. We wouldn't have it any other way. :)

OklahomaNYgirl
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:11 AM

being suprised!!..all 3 of mine were suprises...4 yr old girl and 2 boys one 2yrs and other 3 months

alreadydidthis
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:15 AM
Me too plus we want to plan ahead. So this baby I bought netural things. So if we decide to have another I will be surprised. Dh wants to know all dh has to do is not tell ANYONE and we buy the stuff we need when the baby is born. But we haven't decided if we will have another one.

Quoting JessieG978:

I love to know what my lil one is so i can call the baby by its name

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rmgriffberg
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:18 AM

with my irst two i wanted to be surprised but i would get such bad anxiety about the nursery and baby stuff not being ready that we found out. with this baby we are waiting (i have a boy and a girl so i have everything i need)

ElizabethGracie
by New Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:18 AM

I found out through the ultrasound...I was so surprised at being pregnant (because the doctors told me I couldn't have kids) and my boyfriend was deployed,so I already felt like so much was out of my control...I wanted as much information as possible,haha. 

momof3inTN
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:18 AM

We've never found out what any of ours was until birth. I love that! I really like being able to surprise everyone the day of (and include gender in the birth "polls." LOL).

Ashley0523
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:20 AM

I think waiting for him or her to be born would be way more exciting but I could not wait that long lol I have to know what the gender is lol I was so unpaitent with my ds2 that i went and did a 3d/4d ultrasound just so i didnt have to wait until 19 weeks when my doctor would tell me lol

mrskgill06
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:25 AM
1 mom liked this
weve done both. We found out in ultrasound with our girls.. Our last one we chose not to find out bc we knew either way it was our last one.. We finally had our boy and all i could say for like 10 mins was OMG! It's a BOY!! I just couldnt believe it & i dont think anybody else could either.. My dh missed the birth bc he was movin the van out of the ambulance parking and the dr made him guess.. The look on his face when he said boy??? And the dr saying yes you have a son was the mostr priceless look ever...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)