Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long did it take you to conceive baby #2?

Poll

Question: How long did it take you to conceive your second baby? (choose whichever is closest to the amont of time)

Options:

First try

2-3 months

4-6 months

7-9 months

10mo-1 year

1-1.5 years

1.5-2 years

longer than 2 years

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 114

View Results

For those that tried for a second baby how long did it take you? Were you on BC before? Did you have any medical conditions?

We are ready to try for our second baby. I know everyone is different I am just curious as to how long it took you ladies. Thanks!

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:27 PM
Replies (21-30):
lindsay122001
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:59 AM
Just started for #2. I hoping it happens quick! Lol :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rHOPEb
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:04 AM

After our first I had a Paraguard put in.  Therefore, I had NO hormones in my body.  We conceived the very day I had it removed :)

With our first I was on the pill for years, and it took us around 10mos to conceive.

DamiensMommy1
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:05 AM
3 yrs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hplesha
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:08 AM
I had my iud removed in June. I wanted to have a couple cycles before we started trying. And he wanted the baby to be due in June. We had sex twice. Once a few days before my period and again the day after ovulation. Well, the first try was it. I went to the drs three weeks later :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlemonaghan
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:08 AM

still trying. we were at 4 months before DH deployed

3babiesofmyown
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:09 AM
I was on mirena. Had it taken out in the end of October. First week of nov had a period and dec was back in the office for the ultrasound. # 3 was even better. Bc wasn't going well so I quit taking it. We ha as twice and I wasn't even having periods due to bf. we weren't trying. DH pulled out both times and I was pregnant anyways. We knew it was a risk and would be ok with another so we didn't worry about it. My tubes are tied now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bpryce
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:13 AM
We were ready to conceive again when ds was 4months old. I had to ween ds because i hadnt had a pp period yet. Ds was completely weened at 7months. 2 weeks later i had my first and only period. Ds was conceived just as quickly though. We stopped using bc once we got married, and conceived 2 weeks later.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dee1603
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:13 AM
Been 3 years and still trying.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BraeBaysMom
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:15 AM
I had never been on bc n took over a year no medical problems.. I think we just wanted it to bad. We stopped trying n bam a month latrr I was pg.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jakesmom323
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:21 AM
First try....literally. I was wanting to take my time and enjoy the process! Nope! But that's a blessing and now have a 6 week old beautiful son;) I was not on BC and have no medically issue. I tried 6 months before that and did not work. A psychic said to take Royal Jelly under your tongue on an empty stomach every a.m.. Great fertility benefits;) waited till that one time and it worked! Got a baby
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)