Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

How long did it take you to conceive baby #2?

Poll

Question: How long did it take you to conceive your second baby? (choose whichever is closest to the amont of time)

Options:

First try

2-3 months

4-6 months

7-9 months

10mo-1 year

1-1.5 years

1.5-2 years

longer than 2 years

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 114

View Results

For those that tried for a second baby how long did it take you? Were you on BC before? Did you have any medical conditions?

We are ready to try for our second baby. I know everyone is different I am just curious as to how long it took you ladies. Thanks!

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:27 PM
Replies (41-50):
fahmom
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:12 PM
3 moms liked this

I was not on birth control. My first DS just turned 15 months old when my period returned. I am breastfeeding. Second menstraul cycle was like 45 days after my first cycle. It actually started the day my dad died. We decided to start TTC. Next month when I expected my next period I tested and it was negative. Tested again a week later and it was positive. Ironically my estimated due date is right around my dad's birthday in May.

Jenn8604
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Let me get back to you when I actually try for another baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmbergerHelper
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Good luck to you :]

Quoting lindsay122001:

Just started for #2. I hoping it happens quick! Lol :)

egrzesik91
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I was on Nuva Ring. I had put one in for the two weeks and decided to stop and get pregnant. I was pregnant 2 weeks later :)

Now my 3rd pregnancy I lost at 7 weeks due to a blighted ovum and no fetus actually grew. That took 4 months. The next month we tried and I got my period EXACTLY 31 days from when the bleeding had started. We tried again for our last month since we could not handle a 3rd child born in December within the same week and so close to Christmas (daughter was born Dec 31st, son Dec 28. 5 years 3 days apart). I will be 33 weeks Saturday with a due date of November 27th! 

do11face
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:26 PM

First try.

I was not on any BC.
I have hypothyroidism and fibromyalgia.

alliesaurus
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:28 PM
10 months. No medical conditions and i had not been on any birth control since having #1 and #1 happened the first month I stopped taking BCP. I didn't think it would take so long, but after the fact I'm glad it happened when it did and not sooner :)
Working on #3 now
lovinmybabyboys
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:29 PM
We were not trying to conceive my second. I was not on birth control, but we didn't think it would happen so soon since it took is so long to get pregnant with my first. He was our little sunrise. My oldest was only 3 months old when we found out about my second.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Saintsational
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:37 PM
DH got back from his deployment in Jan, I got pregnant in Feb.
tinkerbellbay
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:53 PM
Have been ttc for 3 year 4 ms for baby number 2

MOM To Victoria Who Wants to be a Sister!Waiting for our Miracle Since April 2009.

Dragonmamas
by Ari on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:54 PM

I was only ttc'ing with baby number three so I'll go based upon that :) It took me three months, so I'm answering 2-3 months.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN