Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

People are always SHOCKED when they find out.... Pics added on p. 13

Posted by   + Show Post
.....that my son weighed 11lb 2oz at birth.
& that I didnt have a c-section....
....or an epidural....

Is it really THAT shocking?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:05 AM
Replies (161-170):
ShannieP
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:20 PM
Me?

Quoting cpflum08:

I think she had the best care she could of had! And ultrasounds can be off as much as 2-5 lbs that late. Maybe you should do some resurching before you speak out your ass!

Quoting ShannieP:

They told me my last baby was 4lbs. I had weekly ultrasounds for 8 weeks to monitor her.

She was born 6lbs11oz

Quoting merinasmommy:

get better prenatal care next time and youll know how big your baby will be.they were within 3 oz of how big dd was going to be

Quoting hippiemamax3:

Thanks Allie!

Quoting merinasmommy:

and you sound like a bitch idc whatt you think so have a great day....

Quoting Allie_kat1:

Wow, way to be a bitch... An epi would have likely made things worse as she would not have been able to move at all to help relieve the dystocia. She said she had no idea the baby was that big, and once a baby is far enough out for a shoulder dystocia, it is way too late for an epi or csection. You sound like a very angry person.

Quoting merinasmommy:

I have them but ill save them for my dd who isnt being a baby...poor you...you could have had an epideral thats your own stupidity.

Quoting hippiemamax3:

Bragging?

Myself and my son nearly died.

It was scary, traumatic and extremely painful.

My son ended up in the nicu.

I am in physical therapy (7 mos pp) over pelvic issues it as well as counselling due to birth trauma.

Why the fuck would I brag about that?

Im just curious if its really that unusual due to the reaxtions I always get.

But yeah, if you have a cookie Ill take it.

Quoting merinasmommy:

Sounds like your just trying to breg to me...want a cookie?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hippiemamax3
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:21 PM
I was unbelievably miserable. Im only 5 ft tall so there was not much room for him to grow. My belly grew straight out. It felt like my skin was ripping apart. :-/

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

You must have been SO uncomfortable being pregnant!

Quoting hippiemamax3:

This was about SEVEN WEEKS before he was born.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hippiemamax3
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:23 PM
Pretty sure she was talking to merinasmommy. :-)

Quoting ShannieP:

Me?

Quoting cpflum08:

I think she had the best care she could of had! And ultrasounds can be off as much as 2-5 lbs that late. Maybe you should do some resurching before you speak out your ass!

Quoting ShannieP:

They told me my last baby was 4lbs. I had weekly ultrasounds for 8 weeks to monitor her.

She was born 6lbs11oz

Quoting merinasmommy:

get better prenatal care next time and youll know how big your baby will be.they were within 3 oz of how big dd was going to be

Quoting hippiemamax3:

Thanks Allie!

Quoting merinasmommy:

Quoting Allie_kat1:

Wow, way to be a bitch... An epi would have likely made things worse as she would not have been able to move at all to help relieve the dystocia. She said she had no idea the baby was that big, and once a baby is far enough out for a shoulder dystocia, it is way too late for an epi or csection. You sound like a very angry person.

Quoting merinasmommy:

I have them but ill save them for my dd who isnt being a baby...poor you...you could have had an epideral thats your own stupidity.

Quoting hippiemamax3:

Bragging?

I am in physical therapy (7 mos pp) over pelvic issues it as well as counselling due to birth trauma.

Quoting merinasmommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:30 PM
Im small too. I was showing all in the front. I was so uncomfortable. Im glad Im not having anymore kids!

Quoting hippiemamax3:

I was unbelievably miserable. Im only 5 ft tall so there was not much room for him to grow. My belly grew straight out. It felt like my skin was ripping apart. :-/

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

You must have been SO uncomfortable being pregnant!

Quoting hippiemamax3:

This was about SEVEN WEEKS before he was born.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:39 AM

Wow. Yes it is that shocking! And congrats. That's awesome.

My first one weighed 2 pounds 3.3 ounces when born 2½ months early, he's now 15 and fine. My second weighed like 6 pounds, he is 11 years old. My youngest was almost 7 pounds. 

my middle one had open heart surgery at ten days old and came home from the hospital 6 days after having surgery.

Starleet
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:47 AM

Most people think if the baby is over 8 pds you need a csection for whatever reason.

cpflum08
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:58 AM
Oh no! Not you mama! Merinasmommy.

Quoting ShannieP:

Me?

Quoting cpflum08:

Quoting ShannieP:

She was born 6lbs11oz

Quoting merinasmommy:

Quoting hippiemamax3:

Thanks Allie!

Quoting merinasmommy:

Quoting Allie_kat1:

Quoting merinasmommy:

Quoting hippiemamax3:

Bragging?

Quoting merinasmommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EvilQueenMommy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:59 AM

That's why I had to have an emergency c-s, they said it was that or breaking his shoulder.

Quoting Jenn8604:

IDK! I guess. Most drs want u to have a csection if ir baby is that big tho. To prevent tearing all the way back to. But if u and baby are fine good. I know one girl who had an 11lb baby and pushing him out broke his shoulder and tore mom so bad she needed two blood transfusions.

CafeMom Tickers

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."- Evelyn Beatrice Hall

CJTC0911
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:34 AM
A little shocking but not to much! My son was 9 lbs 3 oz & I didn't have any pain medication & didn't tear!! So you go girl!!
stormystar15
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:42 AM
That is so awesome! we need to hear more of these stories so people can believe it IS possible to have a natural birth to a big baby. way to go!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN