Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Did you get an......

Epidural?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:51 AM
Replies (31-40):
hcplaskus
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:26 PM
No, sir.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenn8604
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:26 PM
Yes, cuz they REFUSED TO LET ME SIT UP and I had all back labor cuz he was face up. After I got one and relaxed for a few hrs he turned. I ended up w a csection so its a good thing I did.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kris0921
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:44 PM
Yes I did after 9 hours of back labor. 3 hours after getting it my dd was born.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heathermarie27
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:49 PM
Yup. After 19 hours of pitocin labor. My body was so stressed I wouldn't dialate. After the epi It only took me 4 hours to go from a 4-10 and push him out. I hated I though. And I blame my epi on the pitocin
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mataya2011
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Nope. All natural

hippiemamax3
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:42 PM
Nope. 3 all natural births.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:49 PM

After 45 hours with no sleep, nothing to eat, fighting to even get chocolate milk to drink, so I did not faint, fighting to take a shower, fighting for a stool to take a shower, fighting the doctor and my aunts and husband to not have an internal monitor or labor augmented or any drugs and walking to get my labor going after PROM's... Yeah... I got the epidural. : ( Fifty-six hour labor, born vaginally, tore a quarter of an inch. 

My second, I did not allow vaginal exams or stripping of membranes, so I did not have PROM's. I labored at home as long as possible with a doula and had a water-birth with midwives at a baby-friendly designated hospital birthing center. : ) Only a 19 hour labor. : ) No epi, no tearing and he was bigger than DS1. : ) 

abra
by Abra on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:21 PM
I did my fourth. It was awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babygomez
by April on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:52 AM

Oh yes. :)

pamk5641
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:38 AM

I got an epidural for the 1st and 2nd C/S. The first epidural started to wear off and I started to feel some slight sharp sensations.  The 3rd C/S when I had a spinal went the smoothest but I was very anxious with all 3 of the C/S.

I would do it all over again though.  I would rather have C/S than a vaginal birth.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)