Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Post Partum hair loss? :(

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:34 AM
  • 19 Replies

Hi,

I'm currently 6 months post partum and my hair has been falling out like crazy since 2 months PP. My hair stylist today said that she had read in school on time that post partum hair loss stops eventually. She actually seemed concerned when a whole bunch of hair came off into her hand...

Are or have any of you have had experience with this or know some info on it? 

Thanks so much in advance.

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NicLof2
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:39 AM
I did bad I was so worried I went to see my OB they said it was normal but checked my vitamin D level it was insufficient so I started to take Biotine and vitamin D3 and use Garnie Fructise shampoo & conditioner for stronger hair and less breakage. Hair has improved a lot and is barely falling out any more. My LO will be 9months on Monday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shadow_lark
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:40 AM
1 mom liked this
At this point i would make an appointment with your doctor and do some blood work. it can happen as your hormones sort out, but i would think that at 6 mos pp things would be pretty much back to normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aliiihoward
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:12 AM
In 2 & 1/2 months PP and have lost so much hair its crazy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlwaysKISA
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:13 AM
I started losing hair when I had my son. Been to numerous docs about it and tried numerous things. But I'm still losing it 6 years later :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyhonu
by Mary on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:58 AM

I'm still losing hair but I think some of it has to do with the fact that I'm still breastfeeding. Are you taking vitamins? It may help ... it won't hurt.

lovefromwithin
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:23 AM

Yes, I'm taking vitamins. Thank you for your input.

Quoting mommyhonu:

I'm still losing hair but I think some of it has to do with the fact that I'm still breastfeeding. Are you taking vitamins? It may help ... it won't hurt.

wzyhiava
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:10 AM
good---
calvinsmommy18
by Nicole on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:48 PM
im still losing a bunch of hair 8 months pp
Sara.Worthey
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:45 PM
My doctors said it woukd continue until i was done breastfeeding and the hormones were back to normal. My hairstylist friend sugguested a short haircut, no ponytails, and no brishing the hair wet. My son will be 2 on tuesday and you can't tell that my hair is still falling out, but it has slowed down a lot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:05 PM
After my second I was losing hair at 18 months pp! I'm almost 13 months pp and still losing after #3.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)