Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Teething!

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:48 AM
  • 5 Replies
My 2 & 1/2 month old daughter is teething. It will wake her up when she's sleeping, and it obviously bothers her at other times. I give her Ibuprofen or Tylenol, but it doesn't seem to be enough. Any suggestions?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mommyhonu
by Mary on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:06 AM

when my boys were teething I'd take a wash cloth and wring it out, throw it into a ziplock bag and throw it into the freezer. (just long enough for it to become stiff) and then I'd let baby chew on that.

I also got my youngest a baltic teething necklace (it's not to chew on, just something for baby to wear). it helps with the swelling gums, the pain and the drooling. some moms swear by it and other moms don't think it worked for them.

pinkiebabii
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Hylands teething tablets!!
They are a miracle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShanesMommy2012
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:09 AM
Baby Orajel.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aliiihoward
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:19 PM
Where did you get yours?

Quoting mommyhonu:

when my boys were teething I'd take a wash cloth and wring it out, throw it into a ziplock bag and throw it into the freezer. (just long enough for it to become stiff) and then I'd let baby chew on that.

I also got my youngest a baltic teething necklace (it's not to chew on, just something for baby to wear). it helps with the swelling gums, the pain and the drooling. some moms swear by it and other moms don't think it worked for them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calvinsmommy18
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:38 PM

ibprofen is not for babies under 6 months, tylenol is fine, are you giving the correct dosage for tylenol? some have changed their formulas and have new dosages.  idk other than that, my kids are not really bothered by teething....sometimes i give tylenol if they seem irritable from it but most the time they're fine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN