Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

VBAC

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:21 AM
  • 44 Replies
Who all has had a successful VBAC? Has anyone had an unsuccessful VBAC? Im kind of nervous for my next pregnancy because i want to have vaginal birth, but i dont know how it will happen this time if i couldnt have vaginal last time. I was too tight for vaginal birth. The doctor could only get 1 finger in to check dialation because he couldnt even force 2 in. It was very painful. I didnt even dialate but 2 cm. My water didnt break and he couldnt even break it. Would all this change with the next pregnancy? Im nervous to even get pregnant again because i DONT want another c section...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jackiewal10
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Ok, this is going to sound, well, snarky, but...how did you get pregnant?  A penis is thicker than one finger.  I just can't believe that "too tight".  That to me sounds like a classic scare tactic that doctors use to get women to consent to a C-section.

I tried for a VBAC, but it didn't work.  I had the same issue as I had with my first DS.  My kids don't drop.  They don't engage.  After having the same issues with both babies, my doctor thinks that my pelvis is likely tipped in a way that doesn't allow a baby to pass.  If it makes you feel better, my 2nd c-section was really easy.  I didn't even need pain meds after the first day.

calvinsmommy18
by Nicole on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:02 PM

bump, i had a repeat c-section (scheduled) for my 2nd, no dr within 100 miles will do a vbac

Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:10 PM
No, that is not a way to get consent for a csection. And yes, too tight for vaginal birth. My grandmother was the same way. Your vagina swells on the inside when you are pregnant. I got pregnant when it wasnt swollen inside..? My husband and i couldnt have sex at the end of the pregnancy because it hurt so bad. My daughter was in the birth canal at about 34 weeks though and i had her at 38 weeks. The ultrasound Tech was amazed because he had never seen a baby that far down at 37 weeks.

Quoting jackiewal10:

Ok, this is going to sound, well, snarky, but...how did you get pregnant?  A penis is thicker than one finger.  I just can't believe that "too tight".  That to me sounds like a classic scare tactic that doctors use to get women to consent to a C-section.

I tried for a VBAC, but it didn't work.  I had the same issue as I had with my first DS.  My kids don't drop.  They don't engage.  After having the same issues with both babies, my doctor thinks that my pelvis is likely tipped in a way that doesn't allow a baby to pass.  If it makes you feel better, my 2nd c-section was really easy.  I didn't even need pain meds after the first day.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blapier
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Here's a bump! Because we don't have any doctors around here that do VBAC, and here once you have a c-section you always have to get them. :)

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:43 PM
I had a failed vbac
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:46 PM
Why? What exactly happened?

Quoting la_bella_vita:

I had a failed vbac

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aniters
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:58 PM
1 mom liked this
my mom had 2 c sections and then 3 vaginal births :o
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I like the sound of that!

Quoting aniters:

my mom had 2 c sections and then 3 vaginal births :o

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:43 PM

I stopped dilating, baby's heart rate slowed, and I broke my pelvis when I was 18 and it was starting to break again. So I to to deal from a c-section and a fracture at the same time...lol....fun....I hurt for weeks

Quoting Nicki1995:

Quoting la_bella_vita:

I had a failed vbac

Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:00 PM
Oh my gosh! That sounds horrible!

Quoting la_bella_vita:

I stopped dilating, baby's heart rate slowed, and I broke my pelvis when I was 18 and it was starting to break again. So I to to deal from a c-section and a fracture at the same time...lol....fun....I hurt for weeks

Quoting Nicki1995:

Quoting la_bella_vita:

I had a failed vbac

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)