Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies
Who all has had a successful VBAC? Has anyone had an unsuccessful VBAC? Im kind of nervous for my next pregnancy because i want to have vaginal birth, but i dont know how it will happen this time if i couldnt have vaginal last time. I was too tight for vaginal birth. The doctor could only get 1 finger in to check dialation because he couldnt even force 2 in. It was very painful. I didnt even dialate but 2 cm. My water didnt break and he couldnt even break it. Would all this change with the next pregnancy? Im nervous to even get pregnant again because i DONT want another c section...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:21 AM
Replies (11-20):
LKRA
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:09 PM
4 moms liked this

*raises hand*

Sucessful VBAC.

Do your homework. The size of your vagina when being probed by a gloved hand has nothing to do with the price of tea in China.

Read all you can about normal birth.

LaughterHugs
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this

i had a vbac successfully :)

im having another  one in december :P

abra
by Abra on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:13 PM
bump. I haven't had one and given what my friends have gone through, I can't recommend it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:27 PM
What exactly did your friends go through dealing with VBAC???

Quoting abra:

bump. I haven't had one and given what my friends have gone through, I can't recommend it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LKRA
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Personal experience versus science. Interesting. lol

Would you care to share their stories?

Quoting abra:

abra
by Abra on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:46 PM
With one friend, the vaginal birth failed and the baby was delivered via c-section with an apgar of 2. He is only a toddler now, but they suspect he is autistic. The other friend's son has been in and out of the hospital since the day he was born (also a failed vbac). He probably won't live to be 30. Unless it is more dangerous to have a c-section for the mother and baby (say, for example, if the mother has a blood clotting disorder), then c-section are just a smarter way to go. Each type of birth have their risks, but if it were me, I wouldn't welcome new complications when if a c-section is what worked well the first time.

I would strongly suggest that mommy evaluate her reasonings behind wanting a VBAC. If the answer doesn't keep mother and baby's safety as the primary goal, then it's probably unwise.

Quoting Nicki1995:

Quoting abra:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol, that's the silliest logic I've ever heard!
That would be like me saying my friends's daughter is autistic because she had an epidural or blaming vaginal birth for another kids asthma.

Science proves that vaginal birth is SAFER for Mom & baby the vast majority of the time, even after a prior c section. A section is not a safe, harmless surgery and it's a worse start for baby if it's not being done as a life saving procedure.

And if personal anecdotes are the only "data" you like, 2 of my nephews had to spend their first days of life in a nicu for no other reason than breathing difficulties due to being born by repeat (unnecessary) c section and in her last birth baby was finally fine, but Mom lost 3/4 of her blood and had part of her uterus removed after the placenta grew through the prior c section scarring....and that's just one mom's story that I know! I know of not one single person who had had any issue when having a vbac though.

Quoting abra:

With one friend, the vaginal birth failed and the baby was delivered via c-section with an apgar of 2. He is only a toddler now, but they suspect he is autistic. The other friend's son has been in and out of the hospital since the day he was born (also a failed vbac). He probably won't live to be 30. Unless it is more dangerous to have a c-section for the mother and baby (say, for example, if the mother has a blood clotting disorder), then c-section are just a smarter way to go. Each type of birth have their risks, but if it were me, I wouldn't welcome new complications when if a c-section is what worked well the first time.

I would strongly suggest that mommy evaluate her reasonings behind wanting a VBAC. If the answer doesn't keep mother and baby's safety as the primary goal, then it's probably unwise.

Quoting Nicki1995:

Quoting abra:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:00 PM
Oh my goodness! Well, with my csection i lost a lot of blood. The doctor said "Uh oh" and he said "Shes losing a lot of blood" and it really scared me. Im honestly scared of having another csection.

Quoting abra:

Quoting Nicki1995:

Quoting abra:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:04 PM
Thats one thing that scares me is blood loss. I lost a lot of blood last time. More than i was supposed too. Its scary

Quoting larissalarie:

Lol, that's the silliest logic I've ever heard!

That would be like me saying my friends's daughter is autistic because she had an epidural or blaming vaginal birth for another kids asthma.

Science proves that vaginal birth is SAFER for Mom & baby the vast majority of the time, even after a prior c section. A section is not a safe, harmless surgery and it's a worse start for baby if it's not being done as a life saving procedure.

And if personal anecdotes are the only "data" you like, 2 of my nephews had to spend their first days of life in a nicu for no other reason than breathing difficulties due to being born by repeat (unnecessary) c section and in her last birth baby was finally fine, but Mom lost 3/4 of her blood and had part of her uterus removed after the placenta grew through the prior c section scarring....and that's just one mom's story that I know! I know of not one single person who had had any issue when having a vbac though.

Quoting abra:

Quoting Nicki1995:

Quoting abra:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)