Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Natural birth

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 5:31 PM
  • 21 Replies
How does having a natural birth (no medication) feels??

Is it as painful as people say? I had an epidural.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 5:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
calvinsmommy18
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 5:32 PM

bump i had 2 c-sections

Ashleeduhh
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I had an epidural and loved it. My sister did it naturally. Her pain threshold is much higher than mine. She barely made a peep the whole time. Didn't scream or curse or anything. She was 19. The nurses still remembered her when I had my DD.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AngryBob
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 5:34 PM
I've have two with epidurals. I'm hoping this one is a natural birth. I'm planning on a water labor, to help with the pain, and then transitioning to a birthing stool for the actual delivery.
It helps to have a supportive partner, as well as a supportive doctor. And to do as much research and prep work as possible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlwaysKISA
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 5:35 PM
3 moms liked this
People always tell me I'm crazy for going all natural. But I think it's more of a mind over matter thing. What I mean is....if you go into it with the idea that you are getting an epidural and there will be no pain at all, and then they tell you it's too late fof a epidural I could imagine how awful that would be. But, by comparison, if you go into it fully knowing you don't want that epidural it's different. You prepare yourself, tell yourself "yes, this is gonna hurt, but I can do it". That makes it much more manageable. Lol. I hope that made sense.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
baby_mama7
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 5:38 PM
I had my first son and got the episode with this baby our second boy I want to go natural and if I succeed ill let you know how it feels
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sleepymommy87
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 5:39 PM
I went into it with a, natural mindset, not wanting an epidural or any pain meds but I gave in after 8 hours of hard labor with my water broken and only at 3 cm. Glad I did because I wasn't progressing at all and needed pitocin. Pain free wonderful vaginal birth that I loved every minute of! Lol

Quoting AlwaysKISA:

People always tell me I'm crazy for going all natural. But I think it's more of a mind over matter thing. What I mean is....if you go into it with the idea that you are getting an epidural and there will be no pain at all, and then they tell you it's too late fof a epidural I could imagine how awful that would be. But, by comparison, if you go into it fully knowing you don't want that epidural it's different. You prepare yourself, tell yourself "yes, this is gonna hurt, but I can do it". That makes it much more manageable. Lol. I hope that made sense.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:00 PM

I was prepared for a natural birth. I found ways to relax myself and get into a good mind set. Yes when I let the contraction take over. It hurt. But I had wonderful support team to help me get back into before the contraction was over.

I have also had an epidural and that was worse them both my natural births. I am a whimp to pain but it is one time I know I am in control and it had really helped me deal with getting hurt.

calvinsmommy18
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:12 PM
They don't let you get an epidural til 4cm at my hospital. I never progressed past 1 and ended up with a c section. Water broke with the pitocin and 8 hours later still nothing.

Quoting sleepymommy87:

I went into it with a, natural mindset, not wanting an epidural or any pain meds but I gave in after 8 hours of hard labor with my water broken and only at 3 cm. Glad I did because I wasn't progressing at all and needed pitocin. Pain free wonderful vaginal birth that I loved every minute of! Lol

Quoting AlwaysKISA:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:00 PM
It's more painful than people say. Honestly, it's more painful than the imagination can understand.

However, I may be a bit off, my daughter broke my tailbone while descending so I guess I was in more pain than a regular birth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:03 PM
I agree. If you go in with any part of you thinking that an epidural can be used if it gets too painful, then you won't get through it naturally. I had long talks with my midwife and she luckily supported me, helped me through it without meds and when I asked about meds, she told me I didn't need them. I was so delusional that I just said "ok" and that was that! Lol.

However, I don't think mindset comes into play with level of pain. It's gonna hurt the amount it's going to hurt no matter how much you convince yourself it won't. I tried the method and it was just disappointing!

Quoting AlwaysKISA:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN