Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

If you have a toddler and a baby question

Where do you have them in the car? I know the center back seat is the safest but when you have 2 little ones where do you put each?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:23 PM
Replies (41-43):
bebcarroll
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Rear facers on the side; foward facer in the middle.  I figure first of all, I have to get those rear facers in  their seats and since she is too big to rear face, the oldest gets the middle so she is somewhat protected.  It works... sorta.

emkirkley
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:32 AM

if your toddler is still rear facing I'd put them both outboard, if your toddler is forward facing the rule is generally that the least protected child goes in the most protected seating position (so forward facing toddler in the middle and rear facing baby on the outside)

I don't have a center option excpet in the 3rd row of my van, so with my three, my oldest sat in the rear in a booster, the middle child rearfacing in her convertible seat on the driver's side and the youngest rearfacing in her bucket on the passenger side of the 3rd row so I could easily reach it with the middle row captains chair folded down.

mama-smurf
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:36 AM
DS is behind passenger and dd is in middle. dd was originally behind driver but when her legs got longer she would kick the seat so we moved her to the middle. ds was behind driver but we bought him highback booster and still wouldn't stop so we moved him
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN