Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

am i pregnant this time

Posted by   + Show Post

ok so i know i have to take a test to find out but i was just curious on what you guys thought seeing that it is early to take a test. i have thought i was preg before but this is diff wehn i was preg with my son i was 3 weeks preg and had symptoms i had nose bleeds breast pain and dizzyness and some nausea found out at 4 weeks pregnant that i was pregnant well this month my period came sept 15 and i ovulated for the first time bc that nasty depo finally left me i ovulated setp 27 and had sex that day as well for the past week i have had headaches, nose bleeds liek with my son breast pain and dizzyness as well as idigestion and when i burp i have that throw up taste and have been peeinga littel more not bad though i also have light cramps in my lower adomen its not as soft and im having the real dreams also been having nausea on and off this past week for those who dont think its pregnancy what else could it be if i find out im not its way too early to test so i have to wait another week or two

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:32 AM
Replies (11-20):
Welch41407
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:51 AM

not sure i know i got early symptoms iwth my son though and then i looked it up dramy to see and it says that i would be 2 1/2 weeks preg right now if i am maybe your right but i didnt start thinking i coul be preg till a  few days later and the sypmtoms im having right now nose bleeds breast pain those two are oens i had with my son and not daughter and the real dreams scarey almost liek your there dreams

MaNdYbEaR2010
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:52 AM

You mean implantation, which causes the symptoms because of the hormones released. That can be as early as four days after conception. If she ovulated two days before sex, conception could happen same day as sex, and implantation a few days later. It's possible to get symptoms this early on, although quite rare.

Quoting shadow_lark:

I know...i'm having a hard time finding the right words here....but i remember way back when that it takes ten days from the point of conception to whatever...and whatever....

fuck...off to google i go

Quoting lauratupper:

Conception can occur within an hour after having sex....

Quoting shadow_lark:

Its in your head.  conception takes ten days, which means you techinically arent even pregnant yet, if indeed you are.  If you are, its still too early to be having those symptoms.

Welch41407
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Thanks but i rather not prick myself lol il let the nurses do that lol but that is pretty funny made me laugh

Quoting MaNdYbEaR2010:

Take two drops of blood. Mix it with a couple drops of water. Put a couple drops of that mixture onto a cassete-style HPT. Let us know the results. 

Okay, really this is a theory. I want to see what happens. LOL.

MaNdYbEaR2010
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:55 AM

You *could* be. Technically. 

Usually, a person ovulates around fourteen days AFTER the first day of a missed period. BUT your body CAN ovulate before that. You can even ovulate ON your period. So by LMP you could be 2.5 weeks, but by conception/ovulation date, you could be four weeks. It really depends on when you ovulated. Do you chart? Do you temp? That's a good habit to get into.

Quoting Welch41407:

not sure i know i got early symptoms iwth my son though and then i looked it up dramy to see and it says that i would be 2 1/2 weeks preg right now if i am maybe your right but i didnt start thinking i coul be preg till a  few days later and the sypmtoms im having right now nose bleeds breast pain those two are oens i had with my son and not daughter and the real dreams scarey almost liek your there dreams

Welch41407
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:58 AM

i dont chart i was on depo but have been off for almost  2 years i have had 6 periods most have been irregular but on sept 27 i asked my friend what the snot like substance is and cramping and she said i was ovulating i have never charted in my life so dont know when i did ovulate beofre i had my other kids  all i know is that was nasty lol and i was really turned on those few days it was crazy

Quoting MaNdYbEaR2010:

Usually, a person ovulates around fourteen days AFTER the first day of a missed period. BUT your body CAN ovulate before that. You can even ovulate ON your period. So by LMP you could be 2.5 weeks, but by conception/ovulation date, you could be four weeks. It really depends on when you ovulated. Do you chart? Do you temp? That's a good habit to get into.

Quoting Welch41407:

Welch41407
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:58 AM

and were not exactly trying but were not preventing etiher

Welch41407
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:59 AM

i just hope im not the person that wont know shes preg till she feels baby move lol

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:00 AM
I was going to clarify, but I see you did it yourself. OP, Implantation usually doesn't occur until 6-9 days on average, which means your body doesn't even know you're pregnant until that happens.

It's best to just wait it out and see closer to your period date. No one can accurately tell you anything and you may get false hope that'll lead into disappointment later.

Quoting shadow_lark:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/prenatal-care/PR00112

here is what i was trying to say.  at this point, op would be in the would be sometime in week three....the baby has likely not even implanted in her uterus yet.  unless of course my math is way off here...

Quoting lauratupper:

Quoting shadow_lark:

Its in your head.  conception takes ten days, which means you techinically arent even pregnant yet, if indeed you are.  If you are, its still too early to be having those symptoms.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauratupper
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Well she would be one week after conception, which is when the implantation occurs. It's her third week of pregnancy because the period is counted as part of the pregnancy...but just going from when she would have conceived it's one week after conception. And it is rare but she could be having symptoms this early, every woman is different. OP, good luck and keep us updated!

Quoting shadow_lark:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/prenatal-care/PR00112

here is what i was trying to say.  at this point, op would be in the would be sometime in week three....the baby has likely not even implanted in her uterus yet.  unless of course my math is way off here...

Quoting lauratupper:

Quoting shadow_lark:

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:03 AM
1 mom liked this
If you're looking to get pregnant, I'd recommend reading some fertility books so you can learn about your cycle and ovulation. It'll be helpful, and it's good to understand what your body is doing anyway.

Quoting Welch41407:

i dont chart i was on depo but have been off for almost  2 years i have had 6 periods most have been irregular but on sept 27 i asked my friend what the snot like substance is and cramping and she said i was ovulating i have never charted in my life so dont know when i did ovulate beofre i had my other kids  all i know is that was nasty lol and i was really turned on those few days it was crazy

Quoting MaNdYbEaR2010:

Quoting Welch41407:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN