Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

"You can't cook bacon anymore!"

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:53 PM
  • 11 Replies

This is what I told dh today when we were making BLTs for lunch. He was just pushing them around and not draining the grease. I'm OCD when it comes to cooking bacon. I make sure it doesn't burn, I flip it, rotate it, press it, and I am constantly watching it. Don't get me wrong the man can cook, but bacon is not something I feel he cooks well. LOL So while I'm put the bacon on the plate he's eating them. I had to literally kick his butt to get him away from the freaking plate. Then as I'm cooking the rest of the bacon and he's eating his second sandwich. He's like "OMG this so good" and I just had to shake my head and laugh. He can be an @$$ but I do love him. 

What does your man do in the kitchen that makes you shake your head?

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abra
by Abra on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:02 PM
1 mom liked this
lol! Ben is a really good cook, but he uses every dish in the house! lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauratupper
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:42 PM

nothing, my SO is a cheif at a fine resturant so I don't complain!

MommyO2-6631
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:58 PM
He uses a ton of dishes and stands there watching tv instead of cleaning as he goes.... so it's left for me later!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kalliry
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:16 PM
Haha always gotta laugh at the lovers..
mine is a chef and an amazing cook but he makes a mess when he cooks hah..i like to clean up as i go..so its laughable to walk into the kitchen torn up after he cooks..love him tho.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dragonmamas
by Ari on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Mine leaves all the cabenets open, which pisses me off to no end and he leaves the food out rather than putting it in the fridge. Blargh.

smac28
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:25 AM

UGH! lol

My husband will be like, Ohhh babe, I'll make dinner and Im like yay! Well he does, and when he's done, the kitchen is a MESS. Like food, dishes everywhere food on the floor the counter the stove. . .UGH and he doesnt ever clean it up, I always have to! lol. But i am used to it, so i just laugh it off, and get to cleaning. Besides, he doesnt clean like i do lol

aimesnyc
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:28 AM

He definitely makes a mess...lol.  And while he is a good cook, sometimes he can get a little too "creative." ;)

norahsmommy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:29 AM
I hate cooking bacon but I looooove bacon :). I cook it on a broiling pan in the oven so the fat drains off and it gets crisp with no mess
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ELFs_Mommy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:30 AM
There are very few things inlet my DH cook. And only one of them is cooked inside- fried chicken. It is to die for, but you would swear a bomb went off after he's done with all the flour, egg mixture, and grease covering the counters! And if you ask him to clean it up, you'd swear he was asked to donate a testicle by the look he gives :/.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blessed_mommy11
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this
This plus he dirtys every dish in the house it seems like

Quoting Dragonmamas:

Mine leaves all the cabenets open, which pisses me off to no end and he leaves the food out rather than putting it in the fridge. Blargh.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)