Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you look for when buying a new toy?

Posted by   + Show Post

We gave 100 influencer moms a VTECH TOY for their babies, aged 3 months - 36 months. Stay tuned to hear what our moms have to say about their child's experience with these fun toys.

Then, once our influencers have shared their stories, tell us what features you look for when buying your baby a new toy. 

( ) CafeMom Team

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:30 PM
Replies (191-200):
amonkeymom
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 5:04 PM

They are so cute!  Do they ever fight over it?

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

First of all I'd like to say a big Thank you to Vtech and Cafemom for allowing my kids to try out such a cool new toy! We received the Catch Me Kitty! I was so happy to see the toy was not only educational but also allowed the children to interact and get up and get moving! My 2 and 3 year  year old were immediately excited,between the bright colors,fun music and fun interactive motions it was an instant hit! The kitty is darling and teaches ABC and Nursery rhymes as well as being motorized so the child can chase the kitty around! I was so happy to see it had a motion sensor and it actually maneuvered around objects in it's path and to my surprise they could use it not only on our hardwood and tile floors but on the carpet as well! I actually had to go out and get more batteries today because they used it all day yesterday! 

amonkeymom
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 5:04 PM

What a cute toy. Looks like everyone loves it.

Quoting mommy2lexinmark:

WE LOVVVVE our Happy Lights Bear by vtech! We had one a long time ago for our older 2 children, and I was super excited to see how my little ones would like it!! Well, Ryder who is 10 months was excited for a new toy. He then wasn't sure about the lights and noise, but quickly fell in love. Cassidy, 2, and Camryn, 3, enjoyed the bear as well!

Ryder first seeing the bear

Checking it out

Not so sure, lol

He lovvvvves it!!

Cassidy playing with the bear, Ryder thinks it's silly!

Camryn cuddling!

Thank you Cafemom!!

Kainalu55
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 5:50 PM
i look for toys that i think will hold my daughters attention
Kainalu55
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 5:51 PM

that looks like fun!

Quoting sukainah:

Looks like they really like the toy!  Congrats on getting the influencer!

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

First of all I'd like to say a big Thank you to Vtech and Cafemom for allowing my kids to try out such a cool new toy! We received the Catch Me Kitty! I was so happy to see the toy was not only educational but also allowed the children to interact and get up and get moving! My 2 and 3 year  year old were immediately excited,between the bright colors,fun music and fun interactive motions it was an instant hit! The kitty is darling and teaches ABC and Nursery rhymes as well as being motorized so the child can chase the kitty around! I was so happy to see it had a motion sensor and it actually maneuvered around objects in it's path and to my surprise they could use it not only on our hardwood and tile floors but on the carpet as well! I actually had to go out and get more batteries today because they used it all day yesterday! 

Kainalu55
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 5:52 PM

I saw this and have been thinking about it for my 2 year old, not sure if she's too old for it though

Quoting 2lilmamas:

We want say Thanks to VTech toys and Cafemom for this awesome opportunity. I was astonished when I received the package yesterday. My 19 month year looked excited as I took out the VTech Activity cube. She couldn't resist and started touching the cube right away.

The Lights, music, the letters and buttons kept my daughter coming for more. She was so intrigued. My six year couldn't even help herself and started inserting the blocks in the cube. It was great to hear the Letters. I have to say that this has to be my littles favorite new toy. Not only has she been playing with it. But she also saying Hello a lot more because the little phone that is on the cube.

I would definately buy this but I also would recommend it. Its a great toy and its also very educational. You hear letters, number and nursery song all in one. What a great Toy with awesome concept.

Kainalu55
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 5:53 PM

that's cute!

Quoting NikkiDoll:

We recieved the Vtech Happy Lights Bear yesterday. I opened it right up and showed my daughter, 9 months. As soon as she heard the bear start singing she smiled and grabbed it. Right away, I thought the bear was super cute. She loves music type toys, anything that will make different sounds she pays special attention to. It has a strap on the top so I can attach it to her crib, stroller, even the shopping cart cover. This will be a great take along toy. I love the automatic shut off feature, no worries about having to turn it off manually. One of our favorite things about this toy is the songs. He has a sweet voice, and he's all around adorable. She seems interested in the songs and lights. Never did I think I'd say one of my babies toys were enjoyable to listen to! He's easy to hold in her little hands. I don't have anything negative to say about the Vtech Happy Lights bear, and my daughter approves!

Thank you Cafemom and Vtech for letting us take part in this influencer.

braxtonsmom25
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 10:45 PM

how did you get to try out new educational toys. I am always trying to find toys that will help my little boy learn and keep his brain active. I want nothing more than for him to enjoy school and understand what is going on. I struggled in school due to missing out on 1/2 the educationl work i should have been doing at home. I read and try all types of things to get him thinking. :) i love my son so muh I have never been more blessed.

babyboxfish
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 2:12 AM

The Catch Me Kitty is sooo adorable.

elasmimi
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 7:04 AM

My dd is now 6, but she loved every V Tech toy she had, and they were so durable, we have now passed them down to the newest baby in the family.

tamidawn
by Diamond Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Thanks to this influencer, I bought my baby the alphabet cube today.  :)  The reviews on here were great, so I'm sure she'll love it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)